• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Old School Style Artist

Xyanthon

First Post
I just finished some peices for a couple of 1e modules for the guys at Dragonsfoot. If you are a fan of 1e stuff and haven't checked out that site, I'd highly recommend that you do. They have some great material that is FREE to download. Check them out here: www.dragonsfoot.org. I've been a busy little beaver doing some more art so I'll post more later.

Captain Howdy

Explorer
I like everything you have posted here. The first one is a bit busy, as stated, but that one is actually my favorite. It is seems really claustrophobic, like a dungeon should be. ;)

Great work!

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Love the White Dragon. I'm gonna use it as the cover for the Campaign book my friend sent to me the other day (incidentally the same friend who introduced me to AD&D through 1st Edition).

Xyanthon

First Post
Frukathka said:
Love the White Dragon. I'm gonna use it as the cover for the Campaign book my friend sent to me the other day (incidentally the same friend who introduced me to AD&D through 1st Edition).

Frukathka, that sounds cool. Post a pic of it I'd love to see it! Here's a couple of more for those who haven't checked out my gallery link in my signature. The first is for those Arcana Unearthed fans out there, it is my litoran greenbond Kehlbin Flameleaf and the second is just a doodle I did one day at work. I've also got lots more art in the works for some 1e modules over at Dragonsfoot and my own upcoming OSRIC project.

Attachments

• khelbinflameleaf.jpg
    khelbinflameleaf.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 191
  • throne_of_winter.jpg
    throne_of_winter.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 198

Xyanthon

First Post
Here's another recent one that I finished for a 1e module over at Dragonsfoot entitled "Black Towen". The module has a pretty cool nordic feel to it so if you like that then I'd suggest you go check it out when it is finished (and it'll be free even)!

Attachments

• black_towen2.gif
    black_towen2.gif
    189.7 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

Xyanthon

First Post
Thanks! The images in posts 1, 7, and 14 are done with Micron Pens. The image in post 15 is done in india ink with a crow quill pen (it is a big difference in the richness of the ink - it's much darker and smoother in the image in post 15). I prefer to use a crow quill pen and ink to do my work but the Micron pens work in a pinch.

The stuff that I'm working on now for my old school OSRIC project are going to be a combination of the two. I already had a bunch of stuff done in my sketchbook in micron pens that I really like but all of the newer stuff will be done in pen and ink on bristol board (plus I'll have a cover for the module that I'll do in accrylic like the image in post 3).

Xyanthon

First Post
Here's another one that I recently finished for a 1e module over at Dragonsfoot entitled "Battle for Gib Rus".

Attachments

• gib_rus_3.gif
    gib_rus_3.gif
    204.5 KB · Views: 199

Xyanthon

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Wow, impressive stuff there.

Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback. Here's another one that I did for the OSRIC Companion which is in production (and which I'm doing several more pics for). It is a marauding band of orcs.

BloodyEyeOrcWarParty2.png

Remove ads