Old timers?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Since 2003, following the news about 3E, since I had recently started running 2E adventures for my friends via Java-based chat rooms (not recommended).

I, too, fear running afoul of Eric's grandmother.

Akrasia

Procrastinator
I joined August 2004.
I posted pretty regularly for a few years but haven't been that active over the past dozen or so. But I still visit semi-regularly (some years more often than others).

LcKedovan

Explorer
I began to read Eric Noah's 3rd Edition News in 1999, and I quickly joined the forum, so yeah, I have been here for 23 years...
I feel so old now...
Haha, and I just crawled out of the ancient woodwork myself... @Horacio long time no see man! :D

also an originally Eric Noah's boardmember....

Planescape 4 evah! ;)

-Will

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Haha, and I just crawled out of the ancient woodwork myself... @Horacio long time no see man! :D

also an originally Eric Noah's boardmember....

Planescape 4 evah! ;)

-Will
Hi Will!

Really longtime, my friend... 🥹

I was surprised reading this thread and seeing that a bunch of us, old timers from Eric's board, are still here.

It says something about a community when it keeps members for more than 20 years!

Oh, and Planescape forever, of course!

In a way this forum reminds me a bit like Sigil, it's the real life center of D&D multiverse, where people come and go as it remains for ages... 😉

LcKedovan

Explorer
Hi Will!

I was surprised reading this thread and seeing that a bunch of us, old timers from Eric's board, are still here.

It says something about a community when it keeps members for more than 20 years!

Oh, and Planescape forever, of course!

In a way this forum reminds me a bit like Sigil, it's the real life center of D&D multiverse, where people come and go as it remains for ages... 😉

Yeah, life takes us different directions, ups and downs... its a hell of an adventure! ;)

Yeah, noticed a bunch of familiar names in the thread, even if we didn't all directly interact... Good times... and nice to have a place like this.

So great to run into you and this thread.

-W.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Hi Will!

At first I misread that as "old timers from Eric's band" but then realized hey, it's pretty much the same thing. :)

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
At first I misread that as "old timers from Eric's band" but then realized hey, it's pretty much the same thing. :)
Indeed! A gang, a band, a closed knitted group of geeks hyped by the new D&D 3.0, the whole d20 explosion with all the new 3pp and the infinite possibilities open to us...

aramis erak

Legend
I took a while to get here. I was posting on rec.games.frp.misc in 1992, then was on the forge (not sure those dates), then rpg.net around 2005, and then enworld in 2008. That was about the time I started playing D&D regularly.
I remember being on usenet in the 1989-1991 era, including rec.games.frp.misc ... It took effort to follow the threads... I don't miss uselessnet all that much.

Remove ads