• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Old YB Players?

Another "oldie" here... who also laments the death of RP. I haven't had a lot of spare time lately, but I've actually been trying to write down some guidelines that would help me get involved in the game again.

Though it isn't presented as eloquent or as well-thought-out as I had planned, the guidelines are basically these;

- Every match should begin and end with IC interaction between the combatants.
- Every move should contain flavor text - any move without flavor text is lost.
- Outside combat (in Gangs or Dojos) any character interaction should have flavor text (reports of wins and losses for example).

I won't force anybody else to play by these guidelines, but I would like the fights that I myself participate in to adher to them.

I was thinking about making a new character - called Blue or something - whom I would pledge to play by the guidelines (perhaps it could be an Order or something) - but I hadn't really gotten to that part yet.

Wicht

Hero
Well LHH I already try to do that to some degree. So I have no problems doing it in fights against your character :)

Dalamar

Adventurer
I try my best with those guidelines too when I happen to play on the boards (more than half of my fights I think). If nothing more than to say after combat: "You were a good enemy, it was nice beating/losing to you."
But as I said, I don't play much anymore due to time restraints.

sineater

First Post
LHH I agree with what you say completely. I would be willing to start a new character again just to follow the guidelines you have said. I think by starting to do more RPing, we may attract more people back to YB. Right now with my character I am doing as much RPing as I can.

Remove ads