• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Old YB Players?

Wicht

Hero
sineater said:
I would be willing to take up some events also.:D

I had toyed with the idea, about 2 weeks ago, of having a rotating Grandmaster (now that the rules are in place). The Grandmaster would not be in charge of making new rules but would instead be in charge of events and ultimate arbitration. Would that be a palatable idea and how long would a sitting Grandmaster be sitting? What would be acceptable qualifications?

Dalamar

Adventurer
I ilke the idea of rotating Grandmaster, Master Judge rank would propably be required (or granted at the time of becoming a Grandmaster if the judge is worthy)

Wicht

Hero
Anyone else like the idea?

A Grandmaster could serve for 1 month, arbitrating and hosting events before selecting a new Grandmaster from amongst the current Master judges. The new Grandmaster could be chosen for a number of reasons but I would suggest that if a master judge wants to be Grandmaster they email the existing Grandmaster with ideas for events, etc.

Under such an arrangment, changes to the rules if necessary could be suggested by the Grandmaster and then voted on by the posting Master Judges with a simple voting majority carrying through the suggestion. I don't think there are a huge number of issues at the moment with the rules.

reiella

Explorer
Actually thinking I'd sorta perfer an event committee type setup instead of a rotating one, but rotating works just as well considering the community size.

One thing to mention though is I still feel the disparity between styles + locations (and more generally Yakuza v everyone else).

Had tried to have a dummy fight between DW to kinda show at least neutering styles down to the -1 hit defense wouldn't destroy much of anything, but that faltered mostly due to a lack of attention from judges at all :).

Kalanyr

Explorer
I'll throw in an agreement that locations are inferior to styles and that Yakuza are horribly underpowered (I have a Dark and a Yak and the Dark pretty much has everything the Yak has and some extra stuff too (3 Locations (Basically half styles not to mention they completely suck in Sudden Death) for an Useful Sneaky Trick , Foul Spirit and Poison Blade seems like a good deal for me). (If Dark picks up Mind Thief and makes use of it (somehow, despite Kal's total bad luck in that department) then Yakuza will look really wimpy.)

Sudden Death Match Example:

Honour: Wow, I have a really cool move with his location (and all the rest of my moves are his locations) since its sudden death I can use it and win woohoo!

Yakuza: Drat, I have a really cool move with his style (and all the rest of my moves are his styles), I'm gonna die.

Overexaggerated yes, but fairly accurate.

Rei- I apologise for the lack of a judge, I was away that weekened and thought someone else would pick it up when they noticed my absence. Guess not.

Last edited:

Remove ads