• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Old YB Players?

sineater

First Post
How many original players from the YB1 are left out there active? Also is it me or does YB seem like it is slowly dying? If so how can we spice it up. Any suggestions are welcome.

I think we should have more In Character things happening. I think that is where we lost a lot of players. I mean take a look at YB1 and compare it to YB2.

Kalanyr

Explorer
I was around in YB1 and I'm still around. (Not that I ever made more than Green Belt in YB1).

Yeah, I think its a lack of IC stuff thats driving off a lot of players.

For me, my luck makes it hard to get a fight (I end up in high Tiers way to quick :( ). So it looks like I don't play much.

Another is that a lot of old timers are away or in semi-retirement (Gray is, I can't get fights with my Tier 7 char so he is (I actually want to finish my item and fill in my domain slots but fat luck)).

Also a lot of fights are done in chat now, boards are so unstable its easier and quicker to do it in chat.

MidKnight has the baby, as you know.

Berandor I haven't seen around of late.

Vanor and Lady Diamond retired.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
I got in to YB1 little before the sash were created and am still here. Due to IC forum taking most of my time, I haven't had time to play 'tho (and college too, but mostly only during exam weeks).

reiella

Explorer
Most have just faded away.

Meowth is close to it.

Near impossible for Meowth to get a fight and will prolly remain as difficult for quite a while.

Alot of the old populace ended up leaving due to the death of rp.

RP is dying more so with the continued growth of 'chat matches'. Also at least myself and a few other of the older players stopped using flavor text as readily in their moves as it was starting to appear that some judges were being influenced (even subconsciously) by the flavor (a nice bit is just consider how the turtle style is considered when used by anyone besides Meowth).

Part of the trouble is that it is now closed.

Some of the fun with YB1 at least was just that 47 was able to toss new stuff out at us at times(which also caused alot of the balance issues actually).

One possibility that might be worth pursuing for YB to make it bring some life to it is to have some more persistant 'events' aside from the tournaments (ie, YBA type stuff), and possibly some discussion for introducing new rules to the mix (stuff for, Post Tier 7... although would need some heady incentive for Tier 6 or lower to fight tier 7s... it's a death trap currently).

Phoenix8008

First Post
I'm still here, although I have slowed down recently due to job hunting taking a priority to fun time on the PC.

I agree that there is alot less RPing going on and that was a big draw for me. The likes of Lady Tsin and Niko's long romance was some of the best stuff for me. Of course, I'm biased there. :D

The RP really did make it alot more fun. We were all figuring out stuff together and building histories with each other. It was very addictive. Now I find YBA more interesting truthfully. Much more open ended and it has more RPing even though it's just me and Wicht as DM.

Maybe events should be introduced to spice things up. I heard someone once suggest that maybe a civil war could occur and each character would have to pick a side. Battles between people of opposing sides would add points to their side in the war and once some grand total was reached by one side, that side would win. Who knows. Just an idea someone else came up with...

Anyway, I'm still here and I check the boards daily even if it's just to post a YBA move. I'll be here for a while to come still, I'm sure.

There alot more DMs and new adventures poking up...

Turtle for instance runs a few single adventures...

Kalanyr has 'Little Peace Town' as a static dungeon msotly-which does change

Darkwolf is working on his own dungeon and has YBA equivilant fighters from the normal Yb! Game and makes it nostagelic and interesting :)

I'm working on mine but with no big rush since the current amount of players in YBA, I've been bumping the meta post in GD and while over 200 views not a single player has officially joined just yet... *continues his quest to bump the meta post*

Wicht

Hero
Well I am still here and still interested in both games, though my away from the computer activities have grown a bit more demanding of late. That coupled with the board troubles has slowed down my posting.

I think the chat matches do help kill YB as a game as it does take away from the RPing that people do, but on the other hand they seem to at times be very popular. I dropped the ball a bit with events, but like I said my schedule fills up very fast of late and well, I am more than happy to let someone else plan a few as long as they do not involve the distribution of large amounts of yen.

Personally I have always thought YBA had more staying power than YB which grows old and redundant after a while.

Remove ads