• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Omega Pathfinders Game Thread

Venom

First Post
Carl remains ready with his flamer, as soon as the bug breaks through the door he will flame the passage in front of the squad to try and protect them and give them time to attack the creature.

While waiting Carl taps Cyrill and Bishop on the shoulder and asks them “Do you guys intent to fire and then retreat behind me so I can use my flamer, or should I move up in front of you?”

mariusm

Explorer
Mission 3, Day 1, Encounter 1, Round 34.

As Jacob presses the detonator he is rewarded with a shock wave pulse as the explosives detonate in the room next door. From the vantage point in the room he can see that there is a neat hole cut into the floor where the ring of explosives was laid earlier. As soon as the debris starts to settle Sarge is up on his feet and moves to the edge of the hole and points his Morita down… at the moment there appears to be no targets in the room below.

As the trio guarding the passageway watch the door to the south they watch in horror as the door gives way as the gnawing of the worm on the other side continues unabated. As the door crashes down two slicer worms rear up, ready to slither forward, with an absolute monster of a slicer worm just behind them! The first encounter with the slicer worms seems to have been with a smaller, possibly juvenile, version. The huge hulk of a creature now presenting itself to the squad is a fully grown mature version.

Upon seeing the targets Cyrill (Who was ready) opens fire, (Modified ranged attack roll of 10 + 9 (AB) = 19, a hit doing 3hp damage), but the bullet just seems to disappear into the huge body of the mature slicer worm.

Carl’s grip tightens around the tinderbox trigger, ready to fire.

Bishops second grenade slides to a stop just in front of the buckled door lying on the ground.

Mel and Zane come sprinting towards the rest of the squad. As they pass by the chamber where Jacob had rigged up the booby trap they are pleased to see though the damaged entrance door that there are remains of what must have been as least three hunter bugs. Zane thinks to himself that it was a very good idea to set up a trap!

Squad actions please.

Attachments

• Mission 3ag1.JPG
    Mission 3ag1.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Mission 3ag2.JPG
    Mission 3ag2.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 51

Cromm10k

First Post
Private Cyrill Kowaltzki

Cyrill fires one shot at worm #12 and moves to the south side of the hole to cover Sarge.

"Guys let's move! Carl, lay down some fire in the corridor and get out of here!"

riaan_s

First Post
When the going gets tough the tough haul ass!

Bishop will fire a burst at the closest slicer worm, then he will turn and haul ass to the room where Jacob created the "emergency exit".

"No way I'm getting into a boxing match with that thing," Bishop says as he passes Cyrill.

Venom

First Post
Carl shouts to Bishop and Cyrill “Get out of the way……Get out of the way. I can’t use the flamer if you guys are standing it front of me".

If necessary (if Bishop and Cyrill still don’t move out the way :confused: ) he will move to stand just South of Bishop and open up with the flamer. A big smile comes to Carl's face as he sees the passage light up with flames :] .

Update:
(Sorry Bishop you seem to have posted while I was busy typing up my reply :confused: )
(Cyrill do you actualy mean to move when you say "lets move". If so then my Apologies. I just don’t want to get any closer to that thing than I need to. ;) )

Last edited:

mariusm

Explorer
Mission 3, Day 1, Encounter 1, Round 35.

Initiative:
Cyrill
Carl
Slicer Worm #12
Bishop
Slicer Worm #13
Sarge
Jacob
Jonass
Mel
Slicer Worm #14
Zane
Dave

Cyrill fires a round at worm #12, (Modified ranged attack roll of 12 + 9 (AB) = 21, a hit doing 4hp damage), catching the worm side. Cyrill then moves 30’ towards the exit hole Jacob created.
Carl moves 15’ south to just past Bishop and lights up the corridor with flammable liquid. As the liquid falls to the ground Carl estimates it will burn for another 1 round.
Slicer worm #12 enraged storms forward towards the squad, as it slithers out the doorway it is greeted by the quick explosive succession of two proximity grenades going off! (Doing a possible 33hp damage! Slicer worm #12’s REF save roll of 25 vs DC 18, success and takes 16hp damage. Slicer worm #13’s REF save roll of 12 vs DC 18, fail and takes 33hp damage. Slicer worm #14’s REF save roll of 15 vs DC 18, fail and takes 33hp damage.) Bishop is pleased to see that both little slicer worms flop to the ground after the explosive flash but the mature worm seems to be only somewhat scorched! :eek: Slicer worm #12 is dying.
Bishop tries to aim past Carl as he unleashes a burst at the mature slicer worm, (Modified ranged attack roll 20 + 10 (AB) – 4 (Cover from Carl) – 4 (Burst) – 0 (Range) = 22, a hit (Confirmed critical modified roll of 13, confirmed) doing an amazing 49hp damage! :D Horray for bug guns!), catching the large worm still flat footed before it could act and the slugs tear into the creatures head ripping huge holes in its mouth and blinding it in one eye! Bishop then retreats to the escape room.
Slicer worm #13 is dead.
Sarge yells into his mic, “I want you grunts right behind me! Lets get to those life boats”, as he slings his rifle over his back, grabs hold of the scorched floor and drops himself down to the level below. As soon as he lands Sarge makes sure the door to the north is locked.
Jacob drops through the hole and moves over to the security access door to the life boats.
Jonass drops through the hole and moves next to Jacob and says, “Just type in 3324 to open the door.”.
Mel runs into the room and stops right next to the escape hole.
Slicer worm #14 enraged by the severe wounds it is suffering races forward towards Carl, who is now standing on his own. Its movement is however hampered as it squeezes itself into the narrow corridor and is only able to progress 40’ towards Carl.
Zane hot on Mel’s heels runs into the escape room and gets ready to drop down.
Dave pokes his head out into the corridor and yells at Carl, “What is keeping you… let’s move”, and keeps his pistol ready to provide covering fire.

Squad actions please.

Attachments

• Mission 3ah1.JPG
    Mission 3ah1.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Venom

First Post
Carl looks at the tinderbox and shouts to himself “Why the %@#$ wont this piece of @#$% work properly".

He gives it a good shake and whacks it against the wall a few times as this seemed to solve the problem the last time. He then takes aim down the passage again and fires another burst with the flamer hoping that the fire will buy them some time.

Then turning around he hauls ass towards the escape hole as quickly as he can

Shayuri

First Post
Mel lowers Zane down the hole, then jumps down herself and heads over to check the lifeboat systems and see if she can make sure the boats are still able to launch.

(hoping there'll be some kind of readout if the gunk is covering the ejection port)

mariusm

Explorer
As Zane drop down to the lower deck he is concerned to see Jonass and Jacob still busy at the door... "The access door controls are fried... must be the same damage that caused the lights to be flickering in the corridors.", remarks Jonass.

Cromm10k

First Post
Private Cyrill Kowaltzky

"Go Go Go! I'll wait for Carl!"

Cyrill drops to his knee and waits for Call to make it to the hole. He covers the north entrance to the room, ready to open fire...

[OOC: I will move to a new place next monday and start at a new job at the end of that week. So my postin may become a bit unregular. I don't know when I will have internet access at my new place. I will try to close the gap with internet cafes and bothering my friends. If everybody has posted and there is no action posted by me, please mariusm just let Cyrill act like he usualy does: droping to his knee and dealing insignificant damage! ;) THX!]

Remove ads