D&D 4E OMG! 4E PHB to Have RP advice!

Wolfspider

Explorer
You know, these days I see much more mention of D&D being "videogamey" and "anime" from the pro-4e crowd trying to be funny and clever.

It's a sure sign both of a strawman argument and a joke getting old quick....

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Wolfspider said:
You know, these days I see much more mention of D&D being "videogamey" and "anime" from the pro-4e crowd trying to be funny and clever.

It's a well executed strategy by the pro-4e crowd to make sure that the use of "anime" and "videogamey" is met with indifference or even scorn by the still uninfluenced crowd, thereby depriving the anti-4e crowd two of their most used tools to chip away at the monolithic WotC and its handling of D&D.

I approve, of course. It's time to find a new derogatory vocabulary used to describe the changes people disapprove of.

/M

Kintara

First Post
Wolfspider said:

Well, it was always a strawman. ;)

Doug McCrae

Legend
Wolfspider said:

This post is badwrongfun.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Charwoman Gene said:
I've got a friend who playtests. :) Lucky him, I have to work the day that group meets.

The latest wave of tests involved creating characters. The packet actually included the draft PHB chapter one, although only 4 races and 6 classes. Step one really puzzled me. It was Step 1: Create a concept.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

How can I create a concept without rolling stats, and choosing a race and class to match?

I am clearly not the target audience for 4E.

Pick up Warhammer. It will solve a few of those problems. Loved it for breaking certain players out of their insitance in playing certain types of characters in every game system.

Remove ads