On number of ignores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
One interesting tool is that we mods can see how many people have ignored or blocked a specific user. Here’s a look at the top few, with the names cropped out.

3120CC26-21D9-4CD1-9EC2-15F9A01D05A2.jpeg

I have to wonder with so many people blocking some users, the site must seem very quiet to them.

Of course the easy solution is not to consistently behave in a manner that 130 people would just prefer it if you weren’t around. But other than that, it’s a curiosity.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
One interesting tool is that we mods can see how many people have ignored or blocked a specific user. Here’s a look at the top few, with the names cropped out.

View attachment 136922

I have to wonder with so many people blocking some users, the site must seem very quiet to them.

Of course the easy solution is not to consistently behave in a manner that 130 people would just prefer it if you weren’t around. But other than that, it’s a curiosity.
Mostly I ignore the weird political ranters who don't contribute much, which does make some conversations hilarious to skim through, though I can tell exactly what is being said.

I wonder if I could spin this post into some speculation at a revival of d20 Modern, combining Transformers and My Little Pony in a massive cross media revival...

TheSword

Legend
It did make me laugh that I can see 5 posts in this thread, but the numbering says 7 😂

Is it possible to see how many people are blocking yourself?

I normally send a note explaining why before I block someone. But to be honest I have no idea how many people I’ve cast repulsion on myself. I hope it isn’t 130!

There are a few people I’d consider being ignored by a badge of honor.

Last edited:

BookTenTiger

He / Him
I'm honestly not surprised! I once got on another poster's Ignore list when I sent them this in a chat message:

You are absolutely free to disagree with me. But I do ask you do so in a respectful way, whether you are quoting authors or not.

If that's the threshold some folks have for ignoring other posters... Well, it just seems like a very low threshold to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads