On number of ignores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Bugaboo was a user who acted as... a perpetual gaming April Fool's joke. He hasn't been seen around since 2008, but his account's still there, and you can look up posts if you wish.

1. Interestingly, he doesn't come up in the auto-select list of users, but you can search for the posts, which I found, and ....

2. "I only recently realized how handy it could be to have an Animal Companion around when the adventuring party runs out of food. I figure that the Cosmic Force That Is Nature wouldn't mind too much because the world is all about survival of the fittest, predator-prey, eh?

So as long as you perform the act with due respect to the animal's spirit, there's no good reason not to slaughter one of your critters for lunch every so often. You've probably trained them to answer your commands anyway; it's just one step away from "Jump in this stew pot.""

I think I might be reading these for a while!

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Bugaboo was a user who acted as... a perpetual gaming April Fool's joke. He hasn't been seen around since 2008, but his account's still there, and you can look up posts if you wish.
I feel like back in the day there were more posters playing characters, often in a trollish way.

I remember someone like Little Bear or something to the effect who would post long angry rants, then quickly edit them, but with enough time for other people to quote or copy. I always figure it was more performance art than anything.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I feel like back in the day there were more posters playing characters, often in a trollish way.

For a typical internet troll, the idea is to actually make people upset. That's the goal.

Bugaboo, at least, was more to be funny - yes, people would be upset if they fell for it, but... it was in his name for goodness' sake.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
It is painfully obvious when some Villager joins a conversation as if they’ve been here for years. Talking with familiarity with people on the same topics.
Except wouldn't someone that experienced be savvy enough to quickly change their title from Villager to something - anything! - else?

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I feel like back in the day there were more posters playing characters ...
Gads - if I posted as Lanefan-the-character my lifespan here would be measured in minutes; the same minutes that Eric's Grandma would spend running for the hills while trying at the same time to wash out her highly-offended ears... :)

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I play a bard. And I'd do it again.

hand dramatically to forehead Block me if you must. :)
Nah, I won't block you.

But rocks do fall; and oops, look at that: somehow only the Bard got squashed. What a pity. Now roll up a real character... :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Except wouldn't someone that experienced be savvy enough to quickly change their title from Villager to something - anything! - else?

Now that you've told them, sure!

Sheesh. It is like you folks want to write a manual on how to fool your fellow posters. Good job!

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Gads - if I posted as Lanefan-the-character my lifespan here would be measured in minutes; the same minutes that Eric's Grandma would spend running for the hills while trying at the same time to wash out her highly-offended ears... :)
I basically stole Eric's Grandma (hm, I should rephrase that) for my 3rd Grade classroom. Whenever I see the kids writing or drawing, let's say "PG-13" stuff, I ask "Would you show that to my sweet old granny?"

It's a lot easier than having a list of things they can't write or draw!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases