On number of ignores

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapnZapp

Legend
My observation:

There is a small number of posters that insist they don't see the advantages of two-way blocking, or that the system doesn't do what they have told themselves what the system is there to do, or that the disadvantages generally outweigh the advantages, and basically keep complaining so this thread never ends.

These are the posters that unwittingly demonstrate the usefulness of the system, and unintentionally proves the decision to implement and enable it correct.

Tl;dr: if you can't understand and empathize with the decision to offer two-way blocking you need to do what probably is new and unfamiliar to you: self-reflection.

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
My observation:

There is a small number of posters that insist they don't see the advantages of two-way blocking, or that the system doesn't do what they have told themselves what the system is there to do, or that the disadvantages generally outweigh the advantages, and basically keep complaining so this thread never ends.

These are the posters that unwittingly demonstrate the usefulness of the system, and unintentionally proves the decision to implement and enable it correct.

Tl;dr: if you can't understand and empathize with the decision to offer two-way blocking you need to do what probably is new and unfamiliar to you: self-reflection.
Well, for my part, I'd like to assert, given that my position has been one of contention, that I wholeheartedly support the blocking feature, it's essential to any forum, and saves people from interactions they'd rather avoid.

My complaint was only with the presentation of the thread and the actions of moderation, on the topic of the need for blocks, I agree completely.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
My observation:

Seemed to me the thread was about to die till you went and posted something like this.

Making slights about other posters by calling them 'endless complainers' and 'unfamiliar of self reflection' is almost certainly a sure fire way to inflame those posters and turn your post into a self-fulfilling prophecy. I'm not going to do that though.

Instead I'll leave it at this: until your rhetoric tones down a bit, don't expect any more engagement from me on this topic. You are welcome to have the last word though.

Last edited:

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Well, for my part, I'd like to assert, given that my position has been one of contention, that I wholeheartedly support the blocking feature, it's essential to any forum, and saves people from interactions they'd rather avoid.

My complaint was only with the presentation of the thread and the actions of moderation, on the topic of the need for blocks, I agree completely.
If you don't like the way someone is posting on the forum you can always ignore them!

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Ironically, I see that the post numbers are in the 200+ range in this thread, but I can only see 120 or so!

So, if someone ignores all of the moderators, that means moderation of them only occurs if others report them, and not just if a mod happens to see it first? Do mods moderate much that wasn't reported by other users anyway?

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
So, if someone ignores all of the moderators, that means moderation of them only occurs if others report them, and not just if a mod happens to see it first? Do mods moderate much that wasn't reported by other users anyway?
My understanding is that we cannot block mods but that they can technically block us. To my knowledge the only one that has done this is Morrus. I suppose he could ban individuals instead of blocking them and so I’d say they should be glad for his mercy in having only blocked them given he’s the site owner and all.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist

It was a joke. You can't ignore moderators, for obvious reasons.

Asisreo

Patron Badass
Is it possible to see a reaction from someone blocked? Let's say Cadence 2-way blocked me, would I be able to see their like from Snarf's most recent reply above me?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I would argue that implying that you are ignoring any members, as a moderator

So, let us be clear - Morrus is not a moderator. He's the site owner, which means he can pretty much do what he likes, including moderate the discussion as he sees fit.

I, on the other hand, have nobody on ignore - if I did, I could not see problematic posts, and I cannot block anyone from seeing my posts, because then they could not see moderation posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads