On the second day of Christmas, I got 2d6.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Two brand-new d6s, one black, one white.

I could just throw them in my dice bag. Alternatively, I could come up with a subsystem/rules module for them. Any suggestions?

Rune

Once A Fool
Black Die= Something Bad.

White Die = Something Good.

Highest roll wins. Tie = Both or neither.

The value of the highest die indicates the degree of Good/Bad. 1 is lowest. 6 is highest.

[Edit to add] The dice are here representative of the classic “light-side/dark-side” motif. The actual association of dice color does not matter. Switch them up based on genre/setting or whim.

Shiroiken

Legend
I once played a beer and pretzels RPG that used 2d6. Character creation took less than a minute, because every time you did something, you rolled 2d6. If you EVER roll snake eyes, you die. The goal as a player is to die as many times as possible due to rolling snake eyes, while the DM wants you to die from the game (also fairly common). In theory you could just try to survive, but that's really not the fun of the game.

From what I remember, the basic mechanics are based on rolling 2d6 against a TN of 7. All modifiers use the word "very," so a "very hard" task is TN +1, while being "very good" at something is TN -1. The reverse is also true if you attempt a "very easy" task or are "very bad" at it. I don't remember much else about the game, because alcohol was involved.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
The good/bad idea is cool. What about taking it a step further, like in a Star Wars game or D&D, in which there's a strong good/evil divide? Then the GM could roll the good/evil dice... say your die is a bonus on Good actions if you're good, opposite for evil, and the two negate each other when rolled in opposition?

Or you flat-out get a damage bonus from your die when fighting the opposite alignment. That makes evil creatures more scary!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases