D&D (2024) One D&D Cleric & Revised Species Playtest Includes Goliath

"In this new Unearthed Arcana for the One D&D rules system, we explore material designed for the next version of the Player’s Handbook. This playtest document presents the rules on the Cleric class, it's Life Domain subclass, as well as revised Species rules for the Ardling, the Dragonborn, and the Goliath. You will also find a current glossary of new or revised meanings for game terms."...

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.48.41 PM.png

"In this new Unearthed Arcana for the One D&D rules system, we explore material designed for the next version of the Player’s Handbook. This playtest document presents the rules on the Cleric class, it's Life Domain subclass, as well as revised Species rules for the Ardling, the Dragonborn, and the Goliath. You will also find a current glossary of new or revised meanings for game terms."

WotC's Jeremey Crawford discusses the playtest document in the video below.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
Dazed Condition. My wishes are coming true.

We know what Warrior classes will be able to spam.

Also "Succeed: Dazed. Fail: Stunned" incoming.
Starting to remind me of the Break/Topple/Daze, Stagger/Topple, Break/Topple/Launch/Smash, Break/Topple/Daze/Burst combos from Xenoblade. Making warriors have more optional combat systems that mirror the complexity of spells is a good thing, in my honest opinion.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
I like how the Cleric made it so that Martial vs Caster vs Divine Wizard are early choices, and late in your career you can mix and match (so Gandalf is a Scholar Holy Order Aasimar Cleric from 2nd Level who took the Protector Holy Order at 9th level, and promptly got his hands on Glamdring from the Troll-horde.
This is something I wished for and homebrewed for decades.

The Church of Light doesn't only train Lazer Clerics. It trains Heavy Masher Clerics to tank for them.

Domain shouldn'tbe tied to Cleric Role. The Storm Church has Storms, Zueses. Statics, and Thors.

Remove ads

Remove ads