D&D (2024) One D&D Permanently Removes The Term 'Race'

In line with many other tabletop roleplaying games, such as Pathfinder or Level Up, One D&D is removing the term 'race'. Where Pathfinder uses 'Ancestry' and Level Up uses 'Heritage', One D&D will be using 'Species'. https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/1393-moving-on-from-race-in-one-d-d In a blog post, WotC announced that "We have made the decision to move on from using the term "race"...

In line with many other tabletop roleplaying games, such as Pathfinder or Level Up, One D&D is removing the term 'race'. Where Pathfinder uses 'Ancestry' and Level Up uses 'Heritage', One D&D will be using 'Species'.

In a blog post, WotC announced that "We have made the decision to move on from using the term "race" everywhere in One D&D, and we do not intend to return to that term."

Yaarel

He Mage
Thing is the most inflammatory thing I have said is that there is no consensus on how the pyramids were made.
Yaarel upthread initially said there is consensus, and then later admitted archaeologists disagree.
Me using the word orthodoxy to describe the standard narrative apparently does not help my position from your perspective. So what?
The archeologists dont disagree about the pyramids. (But they do disagree about the Sphynx.)

Tell Qaramel, Syria was inhabited by 9000BC, Gobleki Tepe maybe 9500 BC. Note however that such archeological evidence also indicates people were in the area doing stuff in small camp-villages before that, large building projects dont happen overnight.
Agreed.
The debate is about whether Agriculture preceeds agrarian Settlement. Gobleki Tepe has no signs of attendent agriculture and has been theorised as being built first as a religious structure by visiting hunter-gatherers.
Later a community settled nearby and started harvesting wild grains.
The mystery is why nomadic hunters decided to build a monumental structure there (which took time and skill away from the practical tasks of killing gazelle and gathering fruits and wild grains).
Not ignoring all you said but adding - you have the building of a religious monumental structure thousands of years before any other civilisation (Mesopotamian, Egyptian) built one and you do not find that strange?

EDIT: This is my last post on this matter in this thread given the request by CleverNickName.

Last edited:

Agreed.

Not ignoring all you said but adding - you have the building of a religious monumental structure thousands of years before any other civilisation (Mesopotamian, Egyptian) built one and you do not find that strange?

Not really. We've trace of the invention of the wheel by Sumerian and independantly in Central Europe in the fourth millenia BC. Yet the precolombian civilization didn't use it (they knew it, as evidenced by toy, but it didn't lead to practical use). It only shows that a need emerged there first. Nothing strange or particularly mysterious except the specific need the site fulfilled.

Someone must be the first to do anything, and having things not replicated in a continuum isn't strange, it's quite common. The first steam engine much predates the widespread development for industrial needs...

Last edited:

Digdude

Just a dude with a shovel, looking for the past.
In a weak attempt to bring it back to the topic on hand, do you think there is correlation between archaeologists and the lack of DMs? Discuss. I:ROFLMAO:

EDIT:My bad I forgot what the actual title of this thread was.

Remove ads

Remove ads