• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

One Thousand Pre-Generated Basic Characters

Roger

First Post
Who rolls up a thousand Basic characters? This guy.

Go ahead, take a look.

Could be used for:

- Actual pre-gens: get your players off to a quick start by rolling d1000 for a character. They'll want to roll low.

- Hirelings and assorted NPCs: not a bad place to start if the party wants to hire some extra muscle. Roll 900+1d100 if the town is full of riff-raff.

- Whatever other abuses a big random table might enjoy.

In the way of preview, here's #2:

Diesa Torunn, Dwarf (Mountain) Fighter (Defense); S20 D14 C18 I14 W15 C15; 14 hp; Animal Handling, Athletics, Intimidation, Perception; Dice, Vehicles (Land); Common, Dwarvish; chain mail, shield, shortsword, handaxe, handaxe, explorer's pack, insignia of rank, trophy, playing card set, common clothes, belt pouch, t36, 10 gp; ex-Soldier (Officer); T:erronously sesquipedalian, unflinching; I:honor; B:hapless defender; F:tyrant hunted.

She's about the strongest dwarf on the planet, and probably better than you at everything else too. So why did she leave the army, and why is a tyrant trying to track her down? Anyway, hope she's on your side.

In the middle of the pack, at #501:

Meriele Amastacia, Elf (High) Rogue; S9 D19 C11 I16 W11 C11; 8 hp; Acrobatics, Arcana, Athletics, History, Investigation, Perception, Persuasion; Thieves' Tools; Common, Elvish, Giant, Goblin, Orc, Thieves' Cant; mage hand; shortsword, shortbow, 20 arrows, burglar's pack, leather armor, dagger, dagger, thieves' tools, bottle of black ink, quill, small knife, letter from dead colleague, common clothes, belt pouch, t81, 10 gp; ex-Sage (Wizards Apprentice); T:reserved, secret hoarder; I:faith; B:tool carrier; F:innocent condemner.

Private detective and crime-fighter. She's the Bat-Man with a mage hand.

But not everyone is so gifted...

Quarion Siannodel, Elf (Wood) Fighter (Defense); S11 D7 C9 I6 W10 C9; 9 hp; Animal Handling, Athletics, Intimidation, Perception, Survival; Dragonchess, Vehicles (Land); Common, Elvish; chain mail, shield, rapier, light crossbow, 20 bolts, explorer's pack, insignia of rank, trophy, dice set, common clothes, belt pouch, t53, 10 gp; ex-Soldier (Healer); T:sesquipedalian, bored; I:live and let live; B:ally defender; F:law obeyer.

Clumsier, sicker, more annoying, and much dumber than the average elf on the street. Less of an army 'healer' and more of a corpse-disposer. Still, if he's the only guy available for hire, I guess he could carry a torch or something.

Cheers,
Roger

Roger

First Post
Someone asked me what the most common stat array from rolling best-3-of-4d6 is; turns out it is: 15,14,13,12,11,10. Which is 30 points under the standard point buy.

Cheers,
Roger

Roger

First Post
Based on some good suggestions, I've updated my document containing the thousand pre-generated Basic characters to add several indices.

You could find a random character who is:

* a dwarf
* a hill dwarf
* a hill dwarf fighter
* a hill dwarf fighter specializing in Great Weapon

…and so forth.

Here's a link to the newest version.

Cheers,
Roger

Remove ads