Online Character Builder is LIVE!

sigfile

Explorer
FYI: the list of known issues (I have *no* idea how often this gets updated) can be found here.

You can click on this link to submit bug reports for items not listed in the known issues list.

badmojojojo

First Post
I was planning to wait a week at least to worry about using it. There's always a rush to use stuff when it first comes out which is likely (though not necessarily) a big cause of the crashing that people are experiencing. In other words, in a typical day, the servers will probably handle the load just fine. When everyone wants to use it at the same time though . . . crashes will likely be common, at least in the near future.

Thats also my plan. I probably wont renew my subscription until after Im back from Thanksgiving holiday. I think you are correct as to the reason why the CB is experiencing so much crashing.

malraux

First Post
Thats also my plan. I probably wont renew my subscription until after Im back from Thanksgiving holiday. I think you are correct as to the reason why the CB is experiencing so much crashing.

FWIW, mudbunny has a quote from some of the devs that says it isn't a load issue, but a different sort of problem.

Ryujin

Legend
According to WotC_Trevor, this is not a problem with the program, nor is it a problem with the server not being able to handle the load, but rather a non server-load problem with the server itself.

If we're talking about "a server", then I think that I can tell them where their problem is.

Abraxas

Explorer
Finally finished creating my character. Painfully slow.

However - while trying to print it I ran into 2 problems.

1) Even though I had the CB character sheet showing it printed the essentials sheet

2) I can't print just a single page of the whole character...that's not exactly true - I can print one page, I'm just not sure which page that will end up being. Twice now it produced a random page when printing, so I'm missing one page in the middle of my character sheets and can't seem to print just that page.

This is freakin funny :rant:

Quickleaf

Legend
Quick question. Is the downloadable version still available to long time subscribers? My OS died over the weekend (stupid vista) so I need to reinstall it.

Festivus

First Post
I will give bonus points for my wizard named $username' or '1'='1' not crashing the server or exposing anything good.

But I just noticed that you cannot copy/paste... not huge but really? I can't copy / paste my characters name into a web browser?

Jools

First Post
The important question for me is: can you log into (and use) the new CB on two (or more) computers at once? What happens if another machine logs onto CB whilst another is already using it?

Scribble

First Post
Finally finished creating my character. Painfully slow.

However - while trying to print it I ran into 2 problems.

1) Even though I had the CB character sheet showing it printed the essentials sheet

2) I can't print just a single page of the whole character...that's not exactly true - I can print one page, I'm just not sure which page that will end up being. Twice now it produced a random page when printing, so I'm missing one page in the middle of my character sheets and can't seem to print just that page.

This is freakin funny :rant:

HRmm... That doesn't seem to be happening to me... How are you opting to print the single page?

Abraxas

Explorer
HRmm... That doesn't seem to be happening to me... How are you opting to print the single page?
Selecting pages instead of all pages in range and then entering the page(s) I want. Tried 1-4, got 1, 2, 3 and taadaa page 7 (I think, there are no page numbers - and I'm not running it at the moment). Tried to print just page 4, got the same page (7), tried 3-6 got page 1 and pages 5, 6, 7.

An aside - I actually like the HUGE printing on the CB sheet - I'm getting old and my eyes are getting weak and it is VERY easy to read. The summary sheet is also nice.

Last edited:

Remove ads