Online Character Builder is LIVE!

CAFRedblade

Explorer
But I just noticed that you cannot copy/paste... not huge but really? I can't copy / paste my characters name into a web browser?

While you can't seem to right click paste(or right click anything due to Silverlight), you can keyboard ctrl-v paste (on windows) probably cmd-v i think on Macs (correct me if I'm wrong)

fanboy2000

Adventurer
Is there a way the two can combine (i.e. an essentials dark sun character), and I mean apart from creating a Dark sun character and selecting a Essentials build.
Well, sort or. Essentials Classes are available when you choose the DS campaign setting.

If you set things to sort by source (like when choosing a feat) HorFL shows up first usually.

Odd, but there you go.

pjrake

Explorer
Does anyone know when the characters for the second book (forget the name, the ones with the Paladin Cavalier) will be available?

-PJ

yesnomu

First Post
Aside from the lack of scrolling (wow, that's irritating), my biggest problem is that it's in Silverlight, rather than the rather more universal Javascript. It means on most computers, I'd need to download something before I can use it, which kinda diminishes the value of having it online. Plus, Gmail is so much more responsive than the CB, it isn't funny.

Second big problem: I imported my level 19 shaman from my Dark Sun game... and I can't give him his Elemental Priest theme. Or sort him out as a Dark Sun character. So that's irritating. Then, when I go to build him as a new character (which takes quite a long time), I can't take his Invoker MC feat. (Yes, I know, but even the DS book mentions corner cases it can be allowed.) Like, it doesn't list it as homebrew or anything, the option's just not there. That's not really cool!

I'm not going to say this will drive me to another game system or anything... but I'm definitely keeping the old CB installed. I'm sure this will get better in time--one month from now, I expect it to be quite nice.

S

Sunseeker

Does anyone know when the characters for the second book (forget the name, the ones with the Paladin Cavalier) will be available?

-PJ

Sadly, no. I was hoping they would come part and parcel with it, given the book came out today. I really wanted to use those variable Tiefling stats.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Seems really slow to me, but then Firefox seems slow in general to me lately, so maybe that is it.

Not impressed with the over simplification. I kind of need to see the math to understand the implications of my choices.

What's with all the color? Do they not know we have to print this stuff out?

Just not a fan at all so far. It better get better, or they are likely to lose my as a subscriber.

pjrake

Explorer
Just made a level 9 Essential Knight (Fighter). At level 7 I get a Weapon Specialization, and it gave me Staggering Hammer. However, I equipped him with a longsword so I want to change the WS to Bladed Step.

Looked everywhere but couldn't find where I change make that switch. I can swap Powers, Feats, but no Weapon Specialization?

-PJ

Remove ads