[Online] New Sunday Night Forgotten Realms 3.5 Game

frank_blankenship

First Post
SUMMARY:

What- The Swords of the Frozen North
Where- OpenRPG
*Server- OPEN RPG DEV III Server
*Room- FR3.5: The Swords of the Frozen North (pw will be announced at first session)
When- approx. 7pm Central (8 Eastern) Sunday, September 28th, 2003

DETAILS:

-The Forgotten Realms-

My version of the Realms downplays the legendary NPC's of the age. If there is ever an encouter with them it may be surprising how much of the myth is actually true and how much of it is just myth. Also, in a similar vein it is important to note that our version of the Realms won't be tied to any official ongoing storyline.

All that said, my version of the Realms is somewhat darker with villains being just as powerful and mighty as the bravest epic heroes. The gods of Faerun are perhaps a little more distant, shadow magic is a little more popular, and the connections to other places in the Realms (like Kara-Tur, Zakhara, and Maztica) are decidedly more noticeable. Also, smokepowder weapons have become slightly more prevalent. It can be assumed that all comic relief will be twisted somehow.

-Specifics-

This game will be weekly, on Sunday evenings starting at about 7pm central time (8pm eastern). There will be about an hour pre-game period during which I will be available for questions.

We will be using OpenRPG to play. The game will be held on the OPEN RPG DEV III server, the room will be called 'FR3.5: The Swords of the Frozen North'. I will give out a password after we have our first session. My screen name on OpenRPG is Maledictus.

We will use the map and mini features of OpenRPG, so please have a mini already picked out for your character (if you need help, just arrive early).

I've decided that in order to start this Sunday (the 28th of September), I will need character sheets by tomorrow or Sunday morning at the latest. Send them to me as soon as possible at enochian@bellsouth.net.

-Background and Character Generation Information-

*The Swords of the Frozen North*

This game will involve a full-scale war between the Orc Horde and the Silver Marches, and will involve intrigue, special operations, and diplomacy in addition to dungeon-delving. The North is about to get torn to ribbons for fun and profit; be prepared for Realms altering events.

The tide of battle could be turned either way by the acquisition of powerful magic and the responsibility of such power will come into play.

This game will take between 4-5 months to play out (possibly longer if there is interest). In addition, characters will level faster in this game due to time-constraints (and you can expect between 8 and 10 levels by the adventure-cycle's end).

The player group will be limited to 5 players for this game.

This will be a roleplay over hack game so players are encouraged to create a short background for their character.

Characters can be of any non-evil alignment.

Characters will start at 3rd level (which should accomodate ECL's for exotic- or higher-powered races). At 3rd level, all characters recieve 2,700 gp worth of starting equipment and money.

Books that may be used for character generation and background details:

3.5 Core Rules (or the System Resource Document which can be found *here*), D&D 3e Arms and Equipment Guide, The Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, Races of Faerun, Magic of Faerun, Faiths and Pantheons, and The Silver Marches.

Stats will be assigned using the Standard Point Buy Method (25 points).

Again, any questions (and character sheet applications) should be emailed to me at enochian@bellsouth.net.

frank_blankenship

First Post
Group Full

----------------------------------

THIS GAME IS FULL. Thanks to everyone who applied. We are off to a great start! Stand-by positions are still available. Please send character sheets to me if interested.

----------------------------------

Last edited:

Remove ads