Only Five Races in PHB2?

garyh

First Post
I didn't see anyone mention this, but according to this GenCon blurb:

March: Player's Handbook II, with eight new classes, five new races, and the primal power source.

I could have sworn we were getting 8 races in PHB2. From the compiled race / class info thread:

Gnomes, Half-Orcs, Goliaths, and Shifters will be in the PHB2. There will also be a race that starts with a D, and a race (possibly the same one) that has a second letter of E.

Combining the new blurb and the compiled info, it sounds like we know 4/5ths of the PHB2 races, and the last race is De_______. Unless, of course, the GenCon info is wrong, which I really hope, since I want more races as fast as possible.

garyh

First Post
Unless it's a new (or renamed) race, I actually don't know what de____ could be BUT derro.

I thought we were getting shadar-kai in PHB2, also. But they're probably being held for the PHB that includes shadow now.

I want more than five races in the PHB2!

On the WotC boards, the two most popular guesses for the "DE" race are:

• "Deva", one of the names being suggested for 4E's version of aasimar.
  • "Doppelganger", (Changeling), which assumes that the leak of "second letter E" was an error.
Both are solid guesses, and both are races that are likely to see publication sooner rather than later, because of their versatility.

Anguirus

First Post
I hope the GenCon blurb is in error. 8 races and 8 classes isn't just crunchy goodness, it's symmetry. I thought all the PHBs would have "8 and 8."

Engilbrand

First Post
Destrachan?
Seriously, though, I like Deva. It seems to fit. They took the Eladrin and turned them into an Elven race. Why not take the Deva and turn it into an Angelic race?

Remove ads