Only one mark at a time?

Mirtek

Hero
Note that while it's possible to mark multiple enemies, most class feature utilizing marks can only be used once per round.

No matter how many enemies a fighter has marked, he can only make one CC attack per round.

DracoSuave

First Post
Note that while it's possible to mark multiple enemies, most class feature utilizing marks can only be used once per round.

No matter how many enemies a fighter has marked, he can only make one CC attack per round.

Not only that, CC is an immediate action, so if you have other immediate actions, they use up the same pool of 'once per round'

N0Man

First Post
No. You must attack a creature to mark it. The cleaved enemy is not attacked, it is just damaged. Did you attack the creature? If yes, then you can mark him.

I think that a more clear way of looking at this is if the enemy is included in the Target section of the power, you can mark it.

If it is only referenced in the Effect, and not the Target, you cannot.

kdogg3403

First Post
So if the fighter used Sweeping Blow and hit 3 targets, all three would be marked and take the -2 if they attacked someone other than the fighter. However if all three marked enemies moved or attacked someone else, the fighter would only get 1 immediate interrupt attack?

Forgive me if I missed something, still a new player and trying to learn.

Code:
Sweeping Blow Fighter Attack 3
You put all your strength into a single mighty swing that strikes
many enemies at once.
Encounter ✦ Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Close burst 1
Target: Each enemy in burst you can see
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Weapon: If you’re wielding an axe, a flail, a heavy blade, or
a pick, you gain a bonus to the attack roll equal to one-half
your Strength modifier.
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage.

Kordeth

First Post
So if the fighter used Sweeping Blow and hit 3 targets, all three would be marked and take the -2 if they attacked someone other than the fighter. However if all three marked enemies moved or attacked someone else, the fighter would only get 1 immediate interrupt attack?

Correct--and, of course, it's the fighter's prerogative when to take that immediate reaction--he can wait until the third target does something to trigger the challenge if he wants to.

Steve Jung

Explorer

Forgive me if I missed something, still a new player and trying to learn.
Not a problem. Everyone starts off as a new player.

Don't forget, even missed targets are marked by fighters. So if Sweeping Blow hit 3 targets and missed 2, all five targets would be marked. That's if the fighter chooses to do so.

Acid_crash

First Post
The whole Marked thing confuses me... just for absolute clarification...

Lets say a Paladin uses the power to mark other people, but has only one marked with Divine Challenge. Ok...the DC one either will attack the Paladin or suffer DC consequences, but the others marked are ONLY marked, nothing else.

The condition of being just marked, for the sake of only be marked, means that if that target attacks anybody else OTHER than the one who did the marking, that target suffers a -2 penalty to attack rolls? That's it, right? And this applies no matter what character of any class does the marking?

Dalzig

First Post
The whole Marked thing confuses me... just for absolute clarification...

Lets say a Paladin uses the power to mark other people, but has only one marked with Divine Challenge. Ok...the DC one either will attack the Paladin or suffer DC consequences, but the others marked are ONLY marked, nothing else.

The condition of being just marked, for the sake of only be marked, means that if that target attacks anybody else OTHER than the one who did the marking, that target suffers a -2 penalty to attack rolls? That's it, right? And this applies no matter what character of any class does the marking?

Correct. Marking of any kind has the "-2 penalty" thing. Certain class features or powers modify or add to that, such as Divine Challenge.

abyssaldeath

First Post
What interests me is that the paladin preview for Divine Power makes mention of a 'divine sanction' with little information as to what it is.

See, if the paladin has a weakness as a class, it isn't the Str/Cha thing, it is the fact that it can only Divine Challenge one guy at a time at any tier, something other defenders have workarounds for. If a divine sanction is the punishment aspect of divine challenge, then those powers which assign it are very valuable indeed, and this is a very good direction to go for our holy warriors.

From what I understand 'divine sanction' is like DC with less restrictions. 'Divine sanction' isn't a power in of itself like DC and can only be applied by other powers.

So say you have a power that is close burst 1 and attacks all enemies and applies divine santion. That would mean every creature in that burst would be marked and if they attack someone other then you they take 3+cha damage. I beleive that Divine Sanction lasts however long the power that applies it states it lasts.

Remove ads