• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Only three old Classes in PHB2?

pawsplay

Hero
Kwalish Kid said:
Please, "red-headed stepchild" is used for references to beating someone or something. "Stepchild" might be appropriate, but leave out the "red-headed".

That just makes stepchildren sound unwanted. Is that better?

Shado

Explorer
Sorc and Druid are a given.

Barbarian or Bard... we'll likely see the other on DDI.

'I' for Illusionist. I like 'T' for Telepath, but I'm beginning to fear for the first time that Psi won't be in PHB II.

'S' seems like a natural for Shaman.

'W' won't be Wilder as it's an "old" class. Witch is possible. The game is a little Controller light atm.

We're pretty much in total speculation mode now though, as it's all "new" classes. Not a lot to really go off of. Only Shaman and Illusionist have been previously mentioned and match a letter.

As for races... G.N.ome is way too obvious. I really want G.O.liath to make a cut. I'd say S.H.adar-Kai is likely. D.uergaR. fits potentially. Leaves me with... H.E.... not sure.

I'm getting the impression that we'll only see 8 classes and 5 races.

Unfortunate...

Was hoping we'd get the same page count as PHB I, but with the space gained from items, combat, character creation being alloted to more classes and races.

Crothian

First Post
Alikar said:
I'm kind of concerned that there will be only 3 classes from old material in the second PHB, as noted by the Gamer Zero episode 37. I can understand a number of new classes, but shouldn't there be a large amount of space for more than just 3 old classes?

Why should there be more old stuff? It is a new game, I think people need to let the old game go and see where the new game takes us. If you want old stuff, pull out the old books. :cool:

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
My guesses:

Classes:
Primal
Druid - Controller
Barbarian- Defender
Shaman- Leader

Psychic
Wilder- Striker
Telepath- Controller

Arcane
Summoner or Swordmage- Striker
Illusionist- Controller

I have no clue about the R class.

Races
GNome
GOliath
SHadar-Kai or SHifter
DopplegangeR
HE-something.

Tervin

First Post
A guess on the races, which fits all the clues if I understand them correctly:

Doppelganger
Genasi
Gnome
Half-Orc
Shadar Kai

I hope I am wrong, as I only really want three of those.

As for classes I would prefer Shadow source to Psionic and Elemental. But without an N for Necromancer I doubt it.

Ryngard

Explorer
"Classes- First letters D, R, B, W, I, T, S, S, 5 of which are completely new to D&D"

I do not think we will have duplicate power sources... PH2 will have Primal and two others I believe.

Couldn't "S" be for Shadowcaster? Shadow is a confirmed power source.

So, Druid, Barbarian, Sorcerer, Shadowcaster..? Or Shadowmage... it would be DIFFERENT from the ToM Shadowcaster, yet of a similar vein. LIke Warlord and Marshall/Swordsage type of thing.

Rechan

Adventurer
Shaman is a given, but I think "Shadowdancer" is more than likely. A shadow-based striker.

Also, Genasi are coming in the Forgotten Realms Player's book, with the Drow and Swordmage. I don't think WotC is going to reprint them.

Remathilis

Legend
D, R, B, W, I, T, S, S

PRIMAL
Druid - Leader/Striker
Barbarian - Defender
Sorcerer - Controller
Shaman - Leader

SHADOW
Illusionist
R
T
W

Not sure what the R, T, W will be, but I wager there will be a hexblade-style shadow defender, a necromancer-style shadow controller, and a ninja/assassin style shadow striker.

That still leaves artificer (possibly previewed next month) and bard (supposedly finished) hangning in print limbo. I'm sure the artificer will be in the Eberron Players Guide, but I think we'll be waiting to PHB3 to see psionics and ki based heroes (telepath, soulknife, psychic warrior, monk, samurai, wu jen, sohei, ninja)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads