OOC - Fiend's Embrace - D&D One-Shot Adventure

Malvoisin

First Post
I wanted to announce that I have downloaded and saved a copy of the thread to this point, so I will retain access to all of you who have expressed interest in this game so far today.

I point this out in light of the announcement on the main page that the admins might be able to revert the site to its form on May 8th.

In any case, please rest assured that I will keep working to get this game off the ground.

Thanks,
Malvoisin

Amazing Triangle

First Post
I was thinking a Human Fighter.

Zekk Akai grew up on a small farm with his parents. While he was in town selling his families wheat his parents were murdered. Zekk then with nothing left joined the military, but the sword never quite felt right in his hands. He then spent the next 3 years moving from town to town being hired muscle. What was better he had found his weapon; the scythe. Dexter is a drifter usually wearing his father's black cloak. Zekk is a calm, calculating, and quite accepting of others. Zekk's only other heirloom is a twisting blade dagger that was found in his father's chest.

Character progression:
[sblock] 1: Power Attack, W. Focus(Scythe), Cleave
2: Dodge
3: Mobility
4: Spec(Scythe)
5:
6: Spring attack, Combat reflexes
7:
8: Imp Crit(Scythe)
9: Grt. Focus(Scythe)
10: Power Critical
11:
12: Grt. Spec(Scythe), Combat Expertise
13:
14: Whirlwind Attack
15: Great Cleave
16: Blind-Fight
17:
18: Imp. Toughness, Quick Draw
19:
20: TBA[/sblock]

I can go deeper if you need me to! :p

Last edited:

Land Outcast

Explorer
your character would be a 3rd level sorcerer, right? As opposed to the warlock character class from Complete Arcane?

*nod*, but *shakes head* I changed the background and the concept, see post #27

Last edited:

Phyrrus

First Post
Malvoisin: I am still interested in the Necro/Utility Mage with the clockwork familiar and can resend you the info on that if you would like me to. After I get back in tonight, I can rework up either of the concepts you feel is best and move from there.

He would be Human Nec/Wiz 4, in his early thirties and be far more interested in the scholar side of magic than anything. While this makes him seem distant from the world around him, it is just his way of keeping himself from admitting that he is just as human as those he travels with. His familiar would be the mechanical hawk, a replacement to the flesh and blood one that was killed in an earlier adventure when he was little more than an apprentice.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Galen Zandross IV, Aasimar Warlock 3

Below is my character concept for this game, basically Galen is interested by two things, tracking down the history of all of his ancestors to try to determine which one consorted with dark powers, and to destroy evil where ever he find's it, also if this game carries on, I would like to take the 'Winged Outsider' feat at 6th level from the Forgotten Realms setting.

Galen Zandross IV[sblock]
Appearance:
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 165 lbs

Galen is a tall thin man who is extraordinarly handsome, Galen has shoulder length golden blond hair, silver eyes and a friendly face that always seems to be smiling.

Personality:
Galen is a dichotomy in nature, blessed with the blood of his celestial ancestor Galen innately has a desire to do good and root out evil, at the same time Galen is also haunted by his strange powers which seem to come from an infernal source.

This dichotomy in his nature leaves Galen perpetually feeling soiled and worthless as if he isn't doing enough to rid himself of this dark stain upon his soul.

As a result Galen is a profoundly humble kind man who goes out of his way to help others, seeking to prove to himself that he is worthy of his celestial ancestor, Galen has determined to find out as much about his strange abilities and their origins as possible and put them to a good use helping others.

Due to his unusual background Galen is always willing to see the best in those he meets, and prefers to resort to violence only as a last resort or against those who leave him no choice.

Background:
Descendant of a mighty celestial and Paladin named Esmeralda, Galen is but the latest in his family to be blessed by this unique heritage, from the moment he was born it was apparent that the blood of his celestial ancestors flowed strongly within his veins, following generations of family tradition Galen was named after the male offspring of the celestial union.

Since the blood of the celestials flowed in Galen's veins it was expected that Galen would follow in the footsteps of this great ancestor and dedicate himself to the cause of good by either pursuing the course of a Paladin or Cleric dedicated to fighting evil.

However fate was to have other plans for the young child, when Galen reached puberty he started to manifest strange and unusual powers, thinking that perhaps some curse at befallen their son, Galen was taken to the high priestess of [insert name of good god] to see if she could determine the cause of this malady, using powerful divinations it was determined that an ancestor of Galen had trafficked with dark powers, which had left their mark on Galen's soul.

With this revelation the 13 year old Aasimar finally felt a sense of relief, finally here was an explanation as to why his soul felt torn in too, Galen secretly pledged that he would embrace these powers and use them only for good, after years of bitter conflict with his family over this decision, Galen left his home and kin to seek out the source of his powers, determined that he would prove to his family that he could put them to good use.[/sblock]

Land Outcast

Explorer
Improved background, but changed it to Tiefling Shadowalker (Rogue 3 or Ninja 3 or Rogue/Ninja)

... familiar or not, the damned raven previously belonging to the fat dastard fencer is staying.

[sblock=Background]At the age of two he was given in "tutelage" to a mage without the prejudice his noble parents had. Yet they didn't want to lose total contact, so every now and then he received missives along with gold to pay for his "safekeeping".

The intent was just to keep him away from the family, but said mage had other plans in store for him, an ongoing observation of the awakening of magic in someone with The Art latent within. Success showed up soon enough; at the age of ten he could already bring forth his will to shape magic to his service... to his tutor this hadn't been possible until the age of seventeen, at least not with such control. The *only* flaw would be that he would not progress further than clouding out the light from a room... which soon made any real interest from his tutor to fall to nothingness.

But he didn't lose time, gradually he started learning about what was that that had brough him here, what was that which allowed his though to sculpt reality. He learned about the reason for his sharp teeth being unusually black and the back of his hands being covered with hard black scales. He wasn't surprised, nor scared, nor bothered by it... but was bored.

At the age of fifteen, when he only worked as a cadet for the old grey-bearded man, he departed without warning but not without forethought. Not to his household, serious doubts about how he would be received were present, he went to the city. Cloth wrappings around his hands, and smiling as little as possible should do the trick.

There I adapted fast enough, and learnt to adapt others to work towards my ends. I learnt to make friends and to get myself out of whatever trouble I got because of *uncustomary* works, I quickly found my way into hiring my talents... to people such as you master... your previous fat damned master.

But that kind of work sometimes gets one into serious trouble in a city, especially if you murder someone...

Hey! don't look at me that way, I was only doing justice, the fat dastard was going to give me in to the city guard; he seemed offended because I changed my ideas about what my share should be... and I started selling the stuff on my own.

Justice or not, it still meant that before morning being outta there would be good for my health. But you! Damned dead fencer's bird kept following me, even spat one or two insults, fine... as long as you don't peck out my eyes...

So here we are, just entered the *grandiose* carreer of adventuring, or at least I intend us to... But for the last week all we achieved has been waiting in this damned damp hole the innkeeper calls a room. Throwing daggers at the wall, waiting for the guy to call us out when Arakk comes searching for... how did the paper say? Need of some qualified folk? that's it.

He should pay better than the fat dastard... I mean, your master sold stuff to him, surely he made some profit out of it.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Description [unfinished]]Normal height if a bit taller than most humans and of wiry complexion. Whenever he removes his cloak's hood, his untamable grey hair comes into view along with a pair of eyes of the same steely colour. Pale skin and sharp factions hint at some non-human heritage, maybe elven.

Dressed in normal travel clothes under his cloak, the only curious facts about his clothing are the loose cloth "scarf" he has wrapped around the lower half of his face, and the bandages covering the back of his hands, made of the same material.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Malvoisin

First Post
Just in from work, and I'm giving a hard look at all the interest so far....

Here's a running list for those keeping score:

Land Outcast - Tiefling Rogue OR Ninja OR Both
wmasters - Human Bard
Voadam - Elven Hexblade OR Orc Ape Totem Barbarian
Rayex - Poison Dusk Lizardfolk Favored Soul
Whizbang Dustyboots - Dwarf Barbarian OR Gnome Illusionist/Bard
Steve Gorak - Elven Wizard (Enchantress)
Paper Bard - Halfling Rogue/Wizard
DEFCON 1 - Wild Elf Druidic Avenger
Amazing Triangle - Human Fighter
Phyrrus - Human Necromancer
Lord Raven88 - Aasimar Warlock

Wow, that's quite an outpouring for less than a day's time! Thanks to all!

Malvoisin

First Post
With so many good submissions already, I think I'd like to bring this process to a close relatively quickly, and make my choices. So, I am imposing a deadline of Thursday night at 10PM my time. That leaves a window of opportunity of approximately 22 hours from the time of this post to express your interest, and/or flesh out some more detail for an existing concept.

Thanks,
Malvoisin

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases