(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
On the other hand, 5e PCs can be really resilient sometimes. We had a party with a cleric, a paladin, a warlock and 2 monks, intervening in a battle where they wanted to protect a wizard under attack, but didn't bother declaring their intentions - so they got a fireball to the face.

With the monk's dodging abilities and the paladin's aura of protection AND damage reduction (order of the ancient), the worse that happened to any particular PC was taking 7 hp of damage.

5e fireballs hurt about as bad as 2nd ed fireball, but are far less feared...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I just meant that the Sticks are understandably cautious here, not that they are unwilling to fight her nor that she would necessarily drop a fireball inside the Heart. My point was that the other players are not acting on knowing who she is, and are also not acting on knowing that usually a party can stomp a lone spellcaster.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I have a confession to make.

I'm a scientist, and I can be very critical of things. There are so many things in games, in campaigns, that don't make sense. Scales are wrongs, distances are wrong, price lists are wrong... and really I've learned that I have ot let go of a lot of things in an RPG because otherwise it can ruin my fun.

So when previously it was stated that we could see things 60, 100 miles away I just rolled my eyes and assumed you didn't understand how vision on a spherical world worked.

But no! It was A CLUE! :D :D :D :D :D :D

FitzTheRuke

Legend
You'd probably be surprised by how much research I do to run games. I'm constantly looking things up from lore to real-world science.

My parents had a sailboat when I was a kid, but my real knowledge of wooden ships comes from years of research done for a nautical supplement I made for an RPG.

I make mistakes, sure, a lot of them, but not for lack of trying!

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
You'd probably be surprised by how much research I do to run games. I'm constantly looking things up from lore to real-world science.

My parents had a sailboat when I was a kid, but my real knowledge of wooden ships comes from years of research done for a nautical supplement I made for an RPG.

I make mistakes, sure, a lot of them, but not for lack of trying!

Yeah... I did a fair amount of research in ships too. I'm annoyed how "hand wavey" people are when it comes to ships and logistics. But it's quite complicated! Maybe hand waving is necessary.

And no matter how much research we do, we still get things wrong.

Anyway, this will blow your mind, ship weaponry wise :D

This is a legitimate, real world multibarrel multi-barrel machine gun, used on ships!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases