(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Would it be possible for Harb to block Dellrak from running away? Maybe force him to dodge instead of run? It'd probably be safer for him in the long run.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Is it back luck on the dice? It's looking might touch and go here :O. Let's home that our druid guide has some kind of crowd control spell or something to push them back.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I sometimes wonder what exactly a person can do with a (non-modern) medkit that would help someone WHILE THEY ARE FIGHtING.

Ideas:

1: Pain-numbing Root/Herb ("Here, chew on this!")
2: Bladder/wineskin of stimulant ("Drink up!")
3: Clippers to chop-off arrow-shafts (leave the heads in).

Any other ideas? I mean there are almost more ways to imagine how you could help (even by propping the fighter up) WITHOUT using up a consumable. Personally, I find (IRL) just having someone shout to me, "You got this!" to be very helpful (that's why I never minded the Warlord's "healing" in 4e, other than when it caused the dying to get back up - though that was easily explained by suggesting that they only *thought* they were dying until the expert told them it wasn't as bad as it felt like).

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I sometimes wonder what exactly a person can do with a (non-modern) medkit that would help someone WHILE THEY ARE FIGHtING.

Ideas:

1: Pain-numbing Root/Herb ("Here, chew on this!")
2: Bladder/wineskin of stimulant ("Drink up!")
3: Clippers to chop-off arrow-shafts (leave the heads in).

Any other ideas? I mean there are almost more ways to imagine how you could help (even by propping the fighter up) WITHOUT using up a consumable. Personally, I find (IRL) just having someone shout to me, "You got this!" to be very helpful (that's why I never minded the Warlord's "healing" in 4e, other than when it caused the dying to get back up - though that was easily explained by suggesting that they only *thought* they were dying until the expert told them it wasn't as bad as it felt like).
How about taking a page from Naruto? Medicine pills that gives the user a burst of energy to keep fighting.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
- wash the wound with water
- cover the wound with some vaseline-equivalent (to remove exposure to oxygen) - a poultice
- apply pressure, give a cloth that can stop things pouring out.

Fradak

Explorer
Usually they used honey on wounds (disinfect & antibiotic properties) and chew willow bark (reduce fever and inflammation).
They also got access to opium though, so

"it is conceivable that an extract of opium poppy applied on a wound might be absorbed in a large enough amounts to work as a shot of morphine." The Healing Hand: Man and Wound in the Ancient World

Maybe Harb could have some kind of ointment based on opium and honey ready to apply on open wounds with some compress? :p

Remove ads