(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It has 'arms' (vines) that are choking/scratching Imogen (20'reach) and 'legs' (roots) that are grappling at a 15-foot-sqare (Dellrak and Harb). The legs don't hurt you, but they get in your way and hold you back.

This is a long way to say that it won't leave Imogen alone unless she escapes (I've been letting NPCs try to get her free too) or it DIES. (Lots of HP unfortunately).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Just so you know, I don't bother with Initiative, I just resolve stuff partly in the order it's posted, and partly in whatever order I think tells a better story. I think it's worked well so far. Nothing really weird has happened, anyway.

Also, I sometimes resolve part of a round while waiting for others to post. *That* sometimes confuses people, but it's not too big a deal. I'll just let them know it happened, and keep their turn for the following round.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I usually find "who goes first" as a pretty easy decision. I just ask myself "who is attacking who?" Usually, as PCs tend to wander around looking for creatures to fight, then that's the PCs. Sometimes, when the party is ambushed, it's the bad guys. I don't usually roll it as *all* of the PCs or *all* of the bad guys go first anyway, I mix it up with an "agro-like" mechanic, where if you attack a creature in melee (for example), then it probably defends itself (attacking you back) before all your buddies jump in too.

I haven't found too many cases where it's been at all difficult. I played that way IRL a few times, too, and it actually works fine. I'd have stuck with it, but everyone kept forgetting and wondering who's turn it was. (The answer is "whoever hasn't gone yet" and "whoever has their turn ready and rolled first")

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
[MENTION=23]Ancalagon[/MENTION] Rodrigo needs to go so I can roll the round...

Sorry for delaying the game! Full post up, and pretty decent rolls too if I may ask, but I don't know if it's enough. I know that the damage is needed elsewhere, and we're splitting our fire, but someone has to keep that mound busy... :/

[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] Welcome aboard!

Something you might like knowing about the party creation: We all chose classes blindly, none of us knew what the others were picking. This is how we landed with a very strong "warrior" party with no full caster. A bard will help *tons*, but an alchemist would have been pretty cool.

edit: I'm not sure I understand what the effect, apart from a little bit of damage, does the spell do on the mound?

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The idea with the vine was to make it release Imogen to save itself from the bugs covering her. Similar to that, making the mound reconsider attacking Rodrigo and giving us more time to regroup would give us an advantage. Unless it turns on the boat as an easier target. In which case I may yet get to make turn undead priest :p

Also, the bugs are in creatures mind, Rodrigo sees nothing :)

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The idea with the vine was to make it release Imogen to save itself from the bugs covering her. Similar to that, making the mound reconsider attacking Rodrigo and giving us more time to regroup would give us an advantage. Unless it turns on the boat as an easier target. In which case I may yet get to make turn undead priest :p

Also, the bugs are in creatures mind, Rodrigo sees nothing :)

I see - you said phantasmal killer, but i thought that was a level 4 spell, so it's why I was confused.

Either way - your character *seems* to be helping, or at leas trying to, so that counts in Rodrigo's mind :)

Remove ads