(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I know the focus is currently off her, but Miss Imogen has the capacity to cast Mage Hand, which can lift things at 30' range, if that is relevant and beneficial. She wants to help, but isn't currently active in this scene.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yeah, following the path that Myrral and Harb took to get to the water's edge is a difficult slog through the overgrowth. It'll take a bit for the others to catch up, after having searched the yurts. I'll skip it forward anyway just to make things easier for all of us.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Just to be clear: I'm waiting to see if any of you want to start a fight with these guys. It's still possible to negotiate if you like, but they've played their hand that they want your cube(s) for some reason. They seem to think you have one, which might be a bit surprising.

A thing to be aware of, too. (In case you are not):

There's still more of them - at the ruins where you saw them the first time. These are of a smaller group that went after Harb and Myrral. (Or was it Ukee they were mistakenly after?) It's unlikely that reinforcements would arrive during a combat - even if the ones in the ruins left right away in round one, it would take at least six rounds to get here, and they are probably busy, but still, if you beat these guys, you'll have made enemies.

It's up to you. (I didn't mention them in my last post, but Imogen, Weed, and Qawasha are just behind Chrysagon around the corner of a ruined building. If @Kobold Stew wanted to do something like shoot first (not that I'm necessarily recommending that) she could just step forward to do that.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen would think it rude to interrupt negotiations, but since she is not helping rescue Ukee, she is there, at distance, if fighting breaks out.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Angis doesn't know any of this. LOL He saw the Thayan on the wall. Does he even know they're in the area of Harb and Myrral?
You mean Dellrak? Yeah, after observing that there was still activity in the ruins, he and Chrysagon led the group down following the path through the overgrowth that Harb & Myrral made, and has just come around the corner of a ruined building to see Harb barely-make the jump. Harb's now uncomfortably close to the Thayans, and for this brief window, prone. (I'm assuming the first thing he'll do is get up, but there's a strong possibility that the mercenary might take even that as an act of aggression ATM).

We have a moment where things could go either way.

The scene looks like this:
SaveUkee4.jpg

FitzTheRuke

Legend
To make matters more difficult, you need to roll a dc11 Athletics/Nature/Survival (pick one) to treat the ground as difficult terrain, otherwise you can only move 5 feet (you are hacking your way through or finding a path where someone else, such as Harb, already did - this is what Dellrak has been doing). Everyone can take the exact same path as Dellrak (or whoever is in front of them at the time if you start splitting up) to avoid doing this on their own. At least the Thayans have the same problem.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Oh, fun! LOL Someone should drop a fireball on them to open up the terrain :D
Don't tempt the Red Wizard!
What about ranged? Everyone is within heavy crossbow range now.
They've got a bit of cover (+2 AC) but they can be targeted easily enough.
Can Myrral move over the branches more freely (climb speed) instead going across the ground?
Not really, I've been letting you fluff it that way, but he doesn't really have any terrain-specific abilities that I know of. I guess he could have advantage on the check because of it.

Remove ads