(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I have to admit - I don't really know what bag we're talking about. Is it the Thayan boss, Zagmira's bag of holding? Did I say anything previously about what might be in it?

And yes, Myrral has a strange bottle.

@Neurotic - Grrol and Brapp are both there, and back to being NPCs ATM. Feel free to have them follow Myrral around and help him do stuff.

I have to admit - I don't really know what bag we're talking about. Is it the Thayan boss, Zagmira's bag of holding? Did I say anything previously about what might be in it?

And yes, Myrral has a strange bottle.

@Neurotic - Grrol and Brapp are both there, and back to being NPCs ATM. Feel free to have them follow Myrral around and help him do stuff.
Yup the bag of holding. We never looked inside it so have no idea what to expect. You’d never hinted at anything

Not sure if we can Short rest.

We already had at least one today and then we Myrrl got purple gooped and paralyzed and then we defeated the gargoyles by putting coins in them and then hit the fire room and met Whizbang and then briefly was in the water room and then in the sand room.

It might be too early for another short rest but, I imagine people need HP. But we can’t regenerate HD, right?? (That’s the curse?)

Imogen’s goal is to go down as far as possible and we are looking to end the curse. I don’t remember why we think the cure to the curse is here, though.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I've probably played fast-and-loose with whatever the Death Curse does over the years (either from forgetting it or because I felt the party needed rest to go on). I also tend to overclock encounters compared to the published adventure, so there's that.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I think it was "normal with short rests" because it represents quick non-magical fixes and catching a second wind. And halved (or something) night rest or there was a save to get full rest...hazy...long time...lost in the mists of time :p

Found it here

Death Curse: You now must spend Hit Dice to regain HP in a Long Rest (as well as a Short one) and you only regain 1 HD at the end of a Long Rest. Additionally, Short Rests take 2 Hours. Everything else about resting follows the usual book-rules.
Also:
A curse that is causing anyone who was ever killed and resurrected, to rot away. In addition, it seems to empower some undead and/or increase their numbers. The jungle is infested with them.
That second link is also a good reminder for what we're doing:
In addition (and more importantly) the party expects to find the Soulmonger here. It is a powerful artifact belonging to Acererak that seems to be responsible for the Death Curse.

By the way, this is called the 'Tomb of the 9' (for each Trickster god). If my theory of the keys/skeletons is correct, there could potentially be 9 skeleton keys.

Last edited:

Remove ads