(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

Fradak

Explorer
You did well and it's great. I like it. And that's true in the other way too. You can't see me smiling and enjoying what is happening.
I'm surprised you can take off the ring without wining the mental fight, though.

What happens to an NPC is interesting (potentially) or challenging (potentially) for the group. But this player conflict is horrible.

Thanks to this kind of conflict, our characters feel more alive. We left the story and now it's not just a game anymore. You added a touch of life into Fitz's Folly (no offense, your worlds is very alive already ;)). Our group will be more connected because of this kind of conflicts. If we overcome it...

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I'm not annoyed at the character conflict side of this. It's all part of the game. As for the other side, it was clear that Miss I would have taken off if Harb didn't back off. Since she didn't I have to say, we're at a stand still and talking for the moment. That said, maybe we should go with the flow and assume that she did say the thing rather than try to retcon the entire conversation.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I *HATE* PvP: it inevitably upsets player trust (apart from character trust).

It's perilous, for sure, but I wouldn't say it's inevitable. It requires communication, caution, and frankly, no one being an a-hole. I think it's been okay so far, though I understand your knife-edge feeling. When it works out, like Fradak says, it can add a layer to the story.

All that said, we should try to wrap it up here and get back to the adventure!

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Also, being a group of characters specifically brought together from a variety of factions, there has to be a certain expectation of potential friction between said characters. That doesn't have to bleed into players relationships.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Right! My goal for the group would be that they start as people with very different goals, in a tenuous alliance, but over time gel into a tight group that puts their friends above their faction loyalty. (Perhaps with some inner struggle.)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
That's a nice post for Chrysagon. I think we may find a way out of this situation eventually!

On the other hand, I'm getting worried about EarlyBird. If he doesn't come back, do we invite more players or keep it a small group?

gargoyleking

Adventurer
For the record, Harb was trying to show her that he was willing to back off. But just taking the ring off wasn't enough to make him relent. I'm not trying to drive a wedge in the group or anything.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
For the record, Harb was trying to show her that he was willing to back off. But just taking the ring off wasn't enough to make him relent. I'm not trying to drive a wedge in the group or anything.

That's how I read it. I think we may have suffered from a few minor miscommunications. Easy enough to do with PbP (and PvP for that matter).

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
On the other hand, I'm getting worried about EarlyBird. If he doesn't come back, do we invite more players or keep it a small group?

I'm concerned about the guy - either he's burned out, which is not fun, or something serious happened in his life, which could be rather bad :(

I think it would be hard to integrate someone else in the party at this point (but not impossible). He played an important role though - in some ways Dellrak was the "centre" of the party, and his character was pretty dang useful - the party needs him more than Rodrigo for example. Nature abilities, mixt of ranged and melee, a bit of spellcasting...

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Re PvP in games.

I share [MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION] 's wariness of D&D PVP. However, I have to say that unlike a lot of the... frankly stupid or offensive horror stories we see on the web, this has been very civil, and "justified". I think as long as we stay careful this can be resolved :)

Remove ads