(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I actually don't like pumpkin pie that much... so we had apple pie instead :)

True story: I'm an apple pie judge. I've judge about 120-150 pies by now.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
That's an unusual hobby! How does one get that gig (he asks, considering a career change)?
My cousin has this yearly family gathering and there is an apple pie contest. 20-30 entrants every year. I've been asked to judge a number of times :)

Why are you in Greece for a year? That sounds awesome.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hey, would someone write a quick recap and post it here for KahlessNestor? That way, I can save time by not writing him one, and he doesn't have to try to read the whole thread. Any volunteers?

Fradak

Explorer
There is some kind of recap in my character sheet.
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?578206-(RG)-Fitz-s-Folly&p=7210892#post7210892

And I can post my missions notes.

[sblock=Chyrsagon Chronicles]
Kyhton 21, Year of the Warrior Princess - Port Nyanzaru, Chult

High Lord Doom Indraeyan,

As Instructed, I have placed myself at the service of the Gauntlet to add our expertise in this matter. Those Knights are brave and valiant brothers in arm, they welcomed me as one of their own. I received the order to join an investigation team leaving for Chult. It seems that the source of this Evil is buried somewhere in these tangled jungles. The assembled team is made up of the convergence of very diverse interests. I like to think that unity makes strength, however I suppose in this case, what unite us is more the old saying "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". Only time will tell. I didn't have the opportunity to learn more about them but it seems to me that some fine elements are gathered on this vessel. I am confident that, together, we will find a way to eradicate this Curse.

I pray for you, My High Lord Doom, and may The Judge enlightens me along the path.

Chrysagon of Mir, your faithful Iron Brother.

Post Scriptum: I'm pleased to inform you that a monk of the Order of the Long Death is taking part of this expedition.

Kyhton 22, Year of the Warrior Princess - Port Nyanzaru, Chult

My steps have led me to the Weave of Life, a rug and tapestry shop owned by a certain Klevin Van'Sharen. The merchant asked us to intervene in one of his cases. It seems that some sort of ancient amulet could be connected with the Curse. Unfortunately, we missed the opportunity to seize it, for now.

We have made contact with Alistair Bol of the Gauntlet. Strange disappearances were reported in Port Nyanzaru, they seem connected with the "Call of Death". Our suspicions were confirmed when we found them, in the Old City. You were right, My Lord, the dead are walking in Chult.

But more importantly, a name has surfaced: The Soulmonger. The thirst of this necromantic artifact for souls is almost quenched and our time is being counted. The source of this evil seems to hide deep into the jungle, it will be our next big step.I'm confident that our Alliance will soon bring the results you are expecting.

We are facing a great threat, my Lord. I hope I'll be up to this task.

I pray for you, My High Lord Doom, and may The Judge enlighten me along the path.

Kyhton 28, Year of the Warrior Princess - Camp Righteous, Chult

Like lost souls, we followed the Shoshenstar river as it was the Styx itself, leading us to our doom. Unnamed perils awaited our little company on the path to Camp Righteous but thanks to Kelemvor's protection, we finally attained our first step. We expected the Gauntlet outpost to be a corner of heaven in this endless green hell, but our hopes were dashed at the sight of the first undead abomination. Civilization seems definitely unable to expand in this jungle and it's hard to escape the conclusion that Chult is the deadliest place on all Faerune.

The Soulmonger remains hidden, deeply buried in one of those strange ruins. Is it beneath the city of Mezro? The old capital once ruled by the seven immortal Barae, famed for having spent five hundred years hidden from the world by magical means. Or on the petrified Heart of Ubtao, floating over the Aldani Basin. Or in the ruins of the ancient city Orolunga, where it is said that the guardian Saja N’baza can answer any questions. Or maybe in the hand of Ras Nsi and his Undead army.

The future, always so clear to me, has become like a black road at night. But I trust the Great Guide for I live by faith, not by sight.

I pray for you, My High Lord Doom, and may The Judge enlighten me along the path.

Kyhton 29, Year of the Warrior Princess - Camp Vengeance, Chult

Unfortunately, the Soulmonger was not the sole evil artefact present on this peninsula. Our path led us to Artus Cimber and his cursed ring. Its corrupting power created dissension among our little group, playing us off on each other. The influence of the ring was a fierce adversary but we finally overcame this obstacle, together. I hope the wounds are fully healed, time will tell.

Drifting on this infested river, we leaved what was once called Camp Righteous, exhausted physically and mentally. Only to find a falter company trying to survive infections and other monkey fevers. By Kelemvor's grace, we found Perne Salhana, Alister Boll's squire. Returning to civilization was already in our mind but our happiness was short-lived as Commander Breakbone asked for our help.

Alister Bol's mission was a dead end, my Lord. The Soulmonger is still far beyond our reach but exploring lost ruins, if nothing else, could only bring us closer.
Doubt ends where Faith begins.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads