(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

OOC: Qawasha: This might wind up a close one. Qawasha must make a dc15 DEX save or very likely be ground to paste. (The adventure says "24d10"). I WILL allow you Advantage on that roll if he shapeshifts into an animal with a burrow speed, like we discussed. I hate killing beloved characters, but this IS a Tomb of X, after all.
I guess burrow doesn't let me move straight out? I was going to use the spider form to just climb up the walls and out of the sand all together.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I guess burrow doesn't let me move straight out? I was going to use the spider form to just climb up the walls and out of the sand all together.
Hard to do when you already failed the save that sucked you under. There's no walls to climb (until you fall into the grinder, then it's too late). At the point you go down, there's sand on all sides. You can burrow-swim through it while being sucked down, but no, it's not an auto-pass. Please make it! You can have Qawasha's proficiency bonus to the animal's DEX check - because the animal is proficient in burrowing.)

Hard to do when you already failed the save that sucked you under. There's no walls to climb (until you fall into the grinder, then it's too late). At the point you go down, there's sand on all sides. You can burrow-swim through it while being sucked down, but no, it's not an auto-pass. Please make it! You can have Qawasha's proficiency bonus to the animal's DEX check - because the animal is proficient in burrowing.)
Unfortunately, a badger’s dex is +0.

Our proficiency is +2?

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Chrysagon is not looking forward to his chances to get out of this pickle. 😬

EDIT: By the way, Chrysagon's Aura of Protection gives everyone within 10 ft a +4 to their saving throws.
If we retcon it, Chrysagon would not be sliding through the sands in the first place. However, he might make the next dex saving throw!?!

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Chrysagon is not looking forward to his chances to get out of this pickle. 😬

EDIT: By the way, Chrysagon's Aura of Protection gives everyone within 10 ft a +4 to their saving throws.
If we retcon it, Chrysagon would not be sliding through the sands in the first place. However, he might make the next dex saving throw!?!
Ah, but would that work in an antimagic field? (Though I suppose the same could be said for wildshaping). Hey, apparently I'm not built for gotcha dungeons.

Ah, but would that work in an antimagic field? (Though I suppose the same could be said for wildshaping). Hey, apparently I'm not built for gotcha dungeons.
After some google-fu, I've found out the following:

Druid wild shape DOES NOT work in anti-magic field.
This means, I do not get advantage or proficiency to my roll. My first roll was a 12+dex(2) for a 14 which is a fail.

BUT

I also read that a Paladin's aura is not magical and, therefore, works. So, as long as Qawasha was within 10 feet of the paladin, he succeeds on his roll....

Your google search may net you something different!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
After some google-fu, I've found out the following:

Druid wild shape DOES NOT work in anti-magic field.
This means, I do not get advantage or proficiency to my roll. My first roll was a 12+dex(2) for a 14 which is a fail.

BUT

I also read that a Paladin's aura is not magical and, therefore, works. So, as long as Qawasha was within 10 feet of the paladin, he succeeds on his roll....

Your google search may net you something different!
Non-magical. Huh. I guess I always imagined the Paladin's Aura as some kind of divine glow, but I guess it could just as easily be an inspirational charismatic heroism. (Not that Chrysagon's current desperate bleating would be all that inspirational).

But one way or the other, it sounds like they should both be able to get up and get out. I'll post soon.

Non-magical. Huh. I guess I always imagined the Paladin's Aura as some kind of divine glow, but I guess it could just as easily be an inspirational charismatic heroism. (Not that Chrysagon's current desperate bleating would be all that inspirational).

But one way or the other, it sounds like they should both be able to get up and get out. I'll post soon.
For reference:

Remove ads