[OOC] Psionicle Sign-Up Thread

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
I'm glad you approve of my usage of Perception, Osis. And yes, you are correct - no human can ever get darkvision or llv, regardless of having an extremely high perception.

The rules I referred to can be found near the top, underneath their title - click on the link "psionics", and it will be under there somewhere.

Also, we are using the Ectoplasmic Missile power from RPG Cosmos 'Power Exchange', just to let you know. That's the only custom power that I will allow you to use that isn't from a book (aside from the detect/negate powers/spells, put that is a campaign thing).

Full writeups are not necessary at this time. You have plenty of time before the opportunity to join comes along, so take your time. Make sure you have all the details filled in, and your char is how you want it. B/c once you get in, there won't be any changes allowed (specific cases are sometimes allowed, true, but don't count on any major changes).

Creamsteak

Explorer
Someone should check my stats... I am pretty sure I have every last thing fixed now... but of course I missed something...

Also are you OK with my progression chart? I'll repeat it in shorthand below:

Levels 1-4 Psionic Warrior: Building up stats to become a Soulknife
Levels 5-10 Soulknife: Working on getting Sever Life, Free Draw, and Imbed Psionic Attack. Building up my attack feats to increase damage with the Soulknife to negate the fact that I will not be able to gain the upgraded Soulknife ability.
Levels 11-12 Psionic Warrior: Gaining Weapon Specialization with my Soulknife and gaining two level two abilities so I can become a Metamind.
Levels 13-20 Metamind: Working on eventually gaining the Psychic Vampire Ability and generally raising my PP level and number of "free" abilities as high as I can. Eventually I gain my one and only 3rd level manifestation as well...

So If I reached my goal I would have a Mind-Blade that "generally" could use psychic Vampire for free and leech PP for me when I fight other Psions. Plus my extended manifestations would allow me to buff myself for a full day every day and leech whatever points I needed to spend for other things.

Jarval

Explorer
creamsteak, a couple of points about your stats:

AC: 18 (+2 Dex +4 Inertial Armor +2 Leather Armor)

The Inertial Armor feat gives you a +4 armor bonus to AC. This doesn't stack with armor (and I don't think that it stacks with a shield, but I'm not sure on that).

You've also listed the Deep Impact feat, but you don't meet the prereqs. You need a +3 base attack bonus or higher to qualify for this feat. (I did much the same thing myself, with the Speed of Thought feat.)

The Soulknife PrC has a prereq of 9 or more base PP. A psychic warrior doesn't have that many until 6th level, so the earliest you could take a level of Soulknife is 7th.

Other than this your stats look good.

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'll drop inertial armor... but I am pretty sure that the base attack bonus of a level 4 Psionic warrior will be +3, so I will try to work Deep Impact in then...

Also, Inner strength adds permanent PP, not bonus PP... So if i take inner stength 3 times? I could drop Deep Impact and Inertial Armor and have that many PP at level 4. I think thats right... then I will have the appropriate base PP... If not, I could always redirect the pattern to go 1-6 psionic warrior 7-12 Soulknife...

I'll update my character as soon as I get conformation that this fixes my problem...

Current Changes???
Dropping Deep Impact and Inertial Armor
Taking Inner Strength 2 additional times

This should put me in line to become a soulblade for my 5th level, if I am right. If I am wrong tell me so I can work out another route...

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
Shields don't add to Inertial Armor. It's in the feat description.

The Sage has said that Inner Strength doesn't add to "base PPs."

Bruce Cordell has said the exact opposite.

My vote's with Bruce Cordell on this one. My reasoning is based on reading the description of Inner Strength. It's a sub-par feat unless you take it a lot, so making it grant these PPs as *base* PPs makes sense.

Hope that helps,
Greg

The fog must be lifting! I finally found the psionics info on RPG cosmos, so no more problems there.
I think i'm going pschoportation for the secondary discipline, i think it fits his current life style.

I was also woundering if any real world matterials exist ie, aluminum,titanium, ect.

And how much would you charge for a crystal that has essentially been glasssteeled?

Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Gnomeworks... its up to you on this one...

Will I be able to become a Soulknife for my 5th level by taking Inner Strength a total of 3 times, or not. The posts above provide you with some important information pertaining to this.

Zhure

First Post
Sir Osis of Liver said:
And how much would you charge for a crystal that has essentially been glasssteeled?

Clever. Glassteel isn't a standard 3e spell anymore. I really miss it.

Greg

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Osis - I am afraid that I am not knowledgeable in what "glassteel" is. Perhaps if you could give me a reference, I could look it up.

As for the other materials - not many. The only metals available are steel and iron, none of the really fancy stuff yet. In development (in a few cases), but only in a few select places. Sorry.

---

creamsteak - I will say that Inner Strength adds to your base power points. Thus, yes - if you meet the requirements, then I will allow you to do so, with any PPs from Inner Strength counting as base power points.

Last edited:

Glasssteel refurs to a defunct 2e spell. It basically made glass and crystaline objects as hard as steel. I was hoping to find some type of equivalent that would make a crystal hard enough to use for weapon construction.

Remove ads