• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Quickleaf's Rime of the Frostmaiden [closed for now]

Quickleaf

Legend
Ok someone is going to have to explain how to use coyote code on here. I'm a programmer, and these things are confusing to me :D
Sure thing. It's... yeah, it takes getting used to. Here's the link to the roller: CoyoteCode Dice Roller v. 2.0

Here's a snapshot of what you'd input (think I got your Perception bonus right, but whatever).

Then you'll get an output with something to copy-paste into your post on the forum (bbcode). That's the second snapshot.

Edit: It's important, as @Aethmud and I found out, that you DO NOT include apostrophes in any of the Roll Name or Notes sections. That screws it up apparently.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-19 at 2.01.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-19 at 2.01.44 PM.png
    298.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-19 at 2.03.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-19 at 2.03.07 PM.png
    291.5 KB · Views: 32

Quickleaf

Legend
At least two of the character sheets are missing most of their details.
It's easier if we know what each character's capable of.
Yeah, Aethmud and Dom need to finish entering their sheets into the forum. I'm giving everyone through the weekend as a grace period.

@dave2008 is traveling and will be joining a few days late.

I haven't heard from @Steve Gorak so I'm not sure if he's still interested in the game – if not, I have @Kobold Stew on top of the wait list! If I haven't heard from Steve by Monday, I'll open the 9th spot to Kobold Stew. I tried PM'ing Steve, but for some reason ENWorld said I couldn't send him private messages - maybe it's a setting he has, hope he's alright.

If you're trying to cover competencies, I can offer a general snapshot for Aethmud's Jack Everfrost & Dom's Russet Ghostfur...

Jack Everfrost is a fairy sorcerer variant (wild magic). He knows these spells: Cantrips: minor illusion, shape water, mage hand, icy touch (rework of chill touch); 1st Level: shield, sleep; 2nd level: Maximillian's earthen grasp (reskinned), suggestion.

Metamagics: Heighten Spell & Twin Spell.

He speaks Elvish, Sylvan, and Giant. He is proficient in Deception, Gaming, Insight, Intimidation, Investigation, Persuasion, and Sleight of Hand.

Russet Ghostfur is a harengon fighter variant (battle master). AC 17, hp 31. He wields a homebrew longspear (reach, one-handed, 1d4 piercing, versatile (1d6) and a shield, and has the Blind Fighting style. >>He still needs to pick Battle Master Maneuvers.

Instead of action surge he has Against the Horde, allowing him to use an action to make #attacks=fighter level against enemies of ≤CR 1/2 within range. IOW, he's great at clearing out minions!

Instead of second wind, he has the ability to Parry melee attacks against himself.

He has a special Rush Attack (Move at least 20 feet straight toward a creature and make a melee atack with your weapon against two creatures that you pass within reach of).

He has Heroic Endurance (You suffer no penalty from sleeping in light or medium armor. Additionally, once per day afer a short rest you may reduce your exhaustion level by one).

He speaks Sylvan. He is proficient in Animal Handling, Athletics, Craft (trapmaking), Craft (hurdle-making, ie. fences/screens/primitive shelters), Intimidation, Roadways, and Survival.

Last edited:

domminniti

Explorer
I'm not quite understanding how the coyote code things works. Like If its meant to stop cheating, what's to stop me just rolling until I get a result that I like and posting that?

I have chosen my manouvers, I just whacked them in here in shorthand.
1684532107670.png

Quickleaf

Legend
I'm not quite understanding how the coyote code things works. Like If its meant to stop cheating, what's to stop me just rolling until I get a result that I like and posting that?

View attachment 285452
Sure. Well, first of all and most important is the honor system and being the upstanding gentlemen and ladies that you are. ;)

Second, I'll ask you to stay true to whatever convention you enter the data fields with. For example, if you ALWAYS use the name Russet in the NAME field, then I can go back in on my end and search CoyoteCode for rolls made by "Russet" – and if I see a string of thirteen 1d20+3 rolls made within a few minutes... Guess what? The Tarrasque appears. ;)

Hope I explained it well. It's not a perfect system, but it also handles advantage/disadvantage.

tglassy

Adventurer

View attachment 285452
When you make a roll, you can put your name in it. You could also put why you were rolling. Then anyone can go in and look up your name and see your entire history of roles. So when you roll, put your enworld User name and for the reason for the role, put this game. That way the DM is able to look up your roles.

Quickleaf

Legend
When you make a roll, you can put your name in it. You could also put why you were rolling. Then anyone can go in and look up your name and see your entire history of roles. So when you roll, put your enworld User name and for the reason for the role, put this game. That way the DM is able to look up your roles.
I like that – let's all use our ENWorld username's for the NAME field in the CoyoteCode roller. Just keep it simple and consistent.

For me it will be "Quickleaf" in the NAME field from now on, for example.

domminniti

Explorer
Sure. Well, first of all and most important is the honor system and being the upstanding gentlemen and ladies that you are. ;)

Second, I'll ask you to stay true to whatever convention you enter the data fields with. For example, if you ALWAYS use the name Russet in the NAME field, then I can go back in on my end and search CoyoteCode for rolls made by "Russet" – and if I see a string of thirteen 1d20+3 rolls made within a few minutes... Guess what? The Tarrasque appears. ;)

Hope I explained it well. It's not a perfect system, but it also handles advantage/disadvantage.
So you say I have the power of summoning a Tarrasque any time I want? /j
Ah I got it now, so yeah we each use our character first name as the name field and then it can give you the log. I would expect (or hope) you would never need to use, but having it there will be a good backup to keep us all honest :D.
It makes sense now, before it just seemed a lot of effort vs pure honour system.

Remove ads