• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Shackled City Gestalt Campaign (Full)

rangerjohn

Explorer
jeremy_dnd said:
Something I should have addressed earlier, but neglected to even think about. Although the text in my last post was not that graphic I felt like I should place a "spoiler" warning around it, just in case.

If this isn't an issue with anyone, I won't worry about it and be as graphic as I like. But if anyone does I will make sure to include warnings, or even remove such descriptions entirely.

Let me know what you think, and what your preference may be. This is your game, too, so whatever you would enjoy more.

Thanks.

I personally have no problem. You might want to indicate it is a mature game, in the thread header.

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
jeremy_dnd said:
Let me know what you think, and what your preference may be. This is your game, too, so whatever you would enjoy more.

I have no problems with it, in fact I prefer detailed descriptions and sometimes these can be quite gory. However, as has been suggested maybe the game title should have "Mature" in it as a warning to people who might be offended.

Last edited:

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
. . . eeeeeeeeeeeeep--

Clear!

Bzhhht-kerTHUNK!

Beep. Beep. Beep.

* * *​

We're back on, everyone. Lost my connection for a few days, but the new post is up!

Vargo

First Post
Oh, DARN!

I might just lose my reputation of "Slayer of PBP games..." ;)

(I've started about 7. None have gotten beyond 3-5 pages.)

Erekose13

Explorer
glad to hear things have sorted them selves out re connectivity. :)

rangerjohn was correct though in the IC thread when he mentioned that his touch spell does not draw an attack of opportunity for delivering it. Delivery of a touch range spell is considered an armed attack. If however the AoO was for casting a spell while in a threatened area and not casting defensively, then thats a different can of worms.

Vargo

First Post
As far as spellcasting being "useless" in combat, here's the traditional way to deal touch attacks:

Turn 1: 5' step back, cast spell
Turn 2: If the baddie follows you, then hit him with the spell. Otherwise, take a 5' step in on him, and deliver touch attack.

No AoO incurred that way. :)

rangerjohn

Explorer
Kind of hard to do with someone pressed against my back. Looks like I may never use my domain spells. Unless this campaign lasts a long time. Five levels is a long time in pbp.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads