• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC: Tholestia: also XP and GP tracking etc.

Bacter

First Post
Dandyman, relax man.. personally I do not mind that the game takes place in a fast pace or a slow one. If you are so bothered.. consider checking the thread less frequently, so you don't bother yourself so much. Just await an e-mail from enworld that someone has posted en check it then.. in the meantime stop losing your temper!@!@!@!@!@

BTW I do not hope that Rav is waiting for an action from me? I mean is it that necessary for the continuation of the game that I immediately pick a 5th level spell?

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
No, it is not 'necessary'. But you would have an unfair advantage over people who actually are timely with their choices: [hypothetical]"Oh, lots of undead here? Better not take cloudkill then, I'll take that later. [to other player] Oh, you actualy did take Cloudkill as soon as you leveled up? Sucks to be you."[/hypothetical]

Also, why should I believe that you actually would pick them later? You are going to study medicine. I really don't believe you are going to be any less busy. I think it is more likely that in three weeks from now I'll get fed up and pick the spells in your stead.

I think Take, Matthijs, Karsten and I all believe a certain tempo is required for the PbP to be fun. In fact, even if it goes at maximum speed it is already too slow for Take's liking IIRC. Checking less often quickly becomes not checking at all. I have been in enough PbPs to know that a slow game is only a baby step away from a dead game.

If the thread hasn't picked up in two and a half weeks (before friday the 5th of september), I am moving the game back to tabletop again. If that means some people can't play, so be it. That would also mean I would stop DMing the Sunless Citadel campaign.

Oh, and Take: don't sabotage it as soon as you get back because you prefer tabletop! :D

Deepwinter 7

First Post
If it's the requirement of this PbP to have 6 players the alternative would be tabletop, if not it would be 4 players. I *do* mind if nothing happens Jur (geesh haven't you noticed?!) and a slow pace like the one you set is not acceptable.

And I know it's just a game so I don't take this personally at all it's just that within the confines of this game I got fed up with the behaviour of some of you ;)

SO IT'S NOT A GDDMN TEMPER AAAARGRRRGGGHH

FIREdevil.gif

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
As you can see we are on our way. I'd like to know how much cash Kheldev, Tycho and Wulf have, so I can keep track of it in the first post of tis thread: Ie. post it now and you never have to even think about your cash anymore.

Rav

edit: oh, and Matt:

If it's the requirement of this PbP to have 6 players the alternative would be tabletop, if not it would be 4 players.
It isn't the requirement at all. I just know I can easily handle eight players on a PBP, but on a tabletop I find it hard to DM for more than 4 or 5. Just thought it would be fun for all involved. It also allows me to use more and more powerful enemies, making combat more tactical.

Rav

Last edited:

Ilan

First Post
Rav, my main man,

How do you deal with move silently, I have +23 and I believe that you recieve -10 penalty if you walk at normal speed, so do I always walk more quiet then the others, cause that would be allright for my character. Bit of style for the tracker, ranger.

Intree is going great. The group has really fallen apart now, we have eliminated the bad factors in the group (read: the little schoolgirls can't be bothered to hang out with us :)) Today we are only eating together, they have some record thingie planned at the RAI, but oh well, was home at 4 a.m. last night. After diner, well I think it will come down to more drinking. Saw yesterday that almost all the people who run a group are members of L.A.N.X. so they are doing great at the recruitment side of things.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Yes, indeed, you can always move silently. On average a DC 24 listen check to hear you within 10 feet (1d20-10+23), or 23 when taking ten, whcih should suffice really.

For most people this is counterproductive, but for people with a skill mod of +11 or greater it isn't.

Rav

Spellsword

First Post
HE!

Ron, thnx for the info...youre a proper DM...
as for posting.. I enjoy a fast thread as well (I.E. everybody posting everyday) which I will do from the 1st of september onwards...
I check my cash..

He karsten...jij bent intree kindje en ik papa hier in Maastricht...sad,,, heb je al met je mama gezoend???:) leuk toch veel feest enzo maar je bent wel een sad old git....

casper

Ilan

First Post
Cas my man,

Just back from the last party. Tommorrow I'm going out with a girl I met monday in "Meander". She is in her fourth year of "Rechten", so that's gotta be good. And yes, I'm getting to old to stay up late all week. But luckily I had a "daddy", who was just as lazy as me, so we could sleep late all week. :)