OOTS 369 is up...

Wilphe

Adventurer
"Well, he has always been the archtype of the mastermind who only cares for his followers as much as they help amuse him."

Xykon is using bad tactics. Sure, Miko would be weak if she wins, making her easy prey for Xykon, but the battle would go more smoothly if Xykon stepped in. 2:1 is better than 1:1 and then 1:weak 1.

Maybe Xykon doesn't want to use up any spell slots.

B9anders

Explorer
Personally, I think Xykon is just a seriously evil bad-ass who is not that arsed if a minion can't take care of himself.

He is of course gonna wipe the floor with Miko if she defeats redcloak.

Agent Oracle

First Post
Wait, if Miko dies, then That reduces the number of people that Belkar could cause the death of. If she falls from paladin-status that ALSO reduces his possible future.

let me consult the all-seeing oracle... ahh, #331.

Miko, Miko's horse, Roy, Varrsuvius, or the Oracle

Since they left the tower without killing the Oracle... i think we can temporarily write that one off... (though he COULD accidentally use a siege weapon... he dosn't have sufficient wisdom to use scrolls... the whole affair would take an extremely unlikely chain of events)

So, Belkar is either going to kill Roy, or Varrsuvius if Miko dies... and you can add miko to that list if She merely falls...

And we STILL don't know what level the Order's characters are!!!

Pbartender

First Post
Agent Oracle said:
So, Belkar is either going to kill Roy, or Varrsuvius if Miko dies...

...or Miko's Horse.

Remember, she sent Windstriker back to the Celestial Realm just before the fight started... And she can't summon back until the next day.

That means he can't help her out in the fight (like he did against the Order of the Stick), but it also means he's completely safe from harm.

morbiczer

First Post
Yeah, but if Miko dies or loses her paladin status she couldn't summon the horse anymore. Which means it would VERY unlikely that Belkar would again come into contact with it.

Pbartender

First Post
morbiczer said:
Yeah, but if Miko dies or loses her paladin status she couldn't summon the horse anymore.

Considering some the liberties he's taken with the D&D rules in order to advance the comic's plot, do you really think that would necessarily make a difference to Rich?

Honestly, if Miko gets into big trouble, whether losing her Paladin status or getting captured or getting killed, I can envision a Lassie-esque strip involving Windstriker hunting down the Order to "ask" them for help.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Pbartender said:
Considering some the liberties he's taken with the D&D rules in order to advance the comic's plot, do you really think that would necessarily make a difference to Rich?

Honestly, if Miko gets into big trouble, whether losing her Paladin status or getting captured or getting killed, I can envision a Lassie-esque strip involving Windstriker hunting down the Order to "ask" them for help.

And then Belkar kills it.

WarlockLord

First Post
I really, really hope Redcloak wins. I have calculated the order to be about 12th level. Assuming Miko's around equal level...

Monk4/Paladin10

4d8+10d10+28 (assuming CON 14)= 104 hit points

Smite Evil 3/day

Lay on Hands 20 (assuming CHA 14)

She is looking pretty beat up...

I don't think Xykon's going to let Redcloak die. Xykon will interfere if Redcloak is about to be killed, but will watch the fight play out.

EDIT: Also, the shadow weapon thing is cheering for redcloak...it may reveal itself if redcloak is in trouble.

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
WarlockLord said:
I don't think Xykon's going to let Redcloak die. Xykon will interfere if Redcloak is about to be killed, but will watch the fight play out.
I think Xykon might be quite happy to let Redcloak die, then raise him as a greater undead. Cuts down on care & feeding, and improves morale and loyalty.

Then again, maybe he's viewing this as a Luke-vs.-Vader fight - if Miko wins, he'll find some way to twist her around into a blackguard and have her take up the Crimson Mantle.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases