OOTS 369 is up...

morbiczer

First Post
MarkB said:
Then again, maybe he's viewing this as a Luke-vs.-Vader fight - if Miko wins, he'll find some way to twist her around into a blackguard and have her take up the Crimson Mantle.

It reminds me more of the Anakin - Count Dooku fight at the beginning of Episode III.

But I don't think Rich would kill Redcloak off.

shilsen

Adventurer
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
Xykon is using bad tactics. Sure, Miko would be weak if she wins, making her easy prey for Xykon, but the battle would go more smoothly if Xykon stepped in. 2:1 is better than 1:1 and then 1:weak 1.

Maybe Xykon doesn't want to use up any spell slots.
Personally, I think Rich just figures it would be boring for Xykon to just whack Miko right now, so he came up with a funny way to justify Xykon not taking a hand in the fight.

Which is also why I don't think levels and such matter. It's a comic strip. Whoever Rich wants to win, when he wants to win, will do so.

Klaus

First Post
shilsen said:
Personally, I think Rich just figures it would be boring for Xykon to just whack Miko right now, so he came up with a funny way to justify Xykon not taking a hand in the fight.

Which is also why I don't think levels and such matter. It's a comic strip. Whoever Rich wants to win, when he wants to win, will do so.
And note, Xykon is betting on Miko.

Nyeshet

First Post
However, Xykon is also betting on a K.O. - not a death.

On the other hand, the idea of a member of the Sapphire Guard wearing the Crimson Mantle (which, apparently, is akin to the Jedi / Sith setup of many vs 2 [or, in this case, 1]) has so much potential for irony that I almost wish it would happen. I doubt it will - just as I doubt that Miko will be taken prisoner (or, at least, that she would give up any useful info while a prisoner). Somehow Rich will have her either escape or become a prisoner - I'm almost certain of this.

Remove ads