• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS 448

Imp

First Post
No way... even fallen Miko is far too badscary (and, more to the point, an important side character) to bite it in such an offhand fashion. Nale, maybe, but... I'd imagine the cloaked guys were clerics of some sort or another.

painandgreed

First Post
Don't forget that Xykon was also shown casting spells. He didn't need for the insanity to kill everybody just slow their attacking of him so he can easily hit them with spells.

Korgoth said:
I think this is the first strip in the whole series that just seemed really lame.

Same here... I was quite excited about the probable outcomes of this battle, and must say I'm really disappointed with it. Of all things to happen, Xykon cleaning the battleground with a single unstoppable powerful spell seemed the most obvious, but also the least creative.

Cheers

Squire James

First Post
My general impression is that things have been going too well for Xycon lately... he's had a pretty charmed un-life lately. I'm almost thinking of him as a male undead Mary Sue...

frankthedm

First Post
Squire James said:
My general impression is that things have been going too well for Xycon lately... he's had a pretty charmed un-life lately. I'm almost thinking of him as a male undead Mary Sue...
Durkon's god Thor is the actual "Mary Sue" author insert. The control weather issue clinched that.

Seems to me most of thos paladins were low level schlubs.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Great use of a spell by Xykon, wonderful degree of villany shown by him too. I love the idea that rather than just hovering and smiting them with spells he deliberately wanted to give them false hope and then dash it.

And what could do more for a CE heart than to force an order of paladins to slay one another?

:)

Someone

Adventurer
Squire James said:

Me too. I feel this has gone a bit over the top of the reasonable (or fun) uber badasserism. If he can pretty much do everything for himself, why bother with a hobgoblin army? He could have flown through Azure city carrying that ball and make everyone kill each other.

Today's strip would have been the same if substituted with a panel saying "and then Xykon wins".

Nyaricus

First Post
QuaziquestGM said:
Ah...the guy in the grey clock was the guy with the bandanna.
No, he wasn't. He's on one of the steps of the throne itself in the previous strip.

Anyone else wonder what would happen if some spellcaster dispelled the captain dude with his sword in mid-swing? :eek:

Remove ads