• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS 449

Gez

First Post
darious777 said:
Actually... if I read that right, it may be "Must die in throne room of Azure City."

Soon died in the throne room of Azure City?

Further, I do not see the dwarf-like guy with the horned helmet among the paladins that were guarding the throne room in the previous strips.

No, I think it's more probable that it's actually the ghosts of every deceased SG paladin. I don't think the throne room saw that many fights either.

And my prediction... [sblock]Xykon will flee by the only remaining window, maybe aided by his recent recruit.[/sblock]

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Gez said:
No, I think it's more probable that it's actually the ghosts of every deceased SG paladin. I don't think the throne room saw that many fights either.
I was assuming every one who died in battle, but yeah, that was my impression too.

Celebrim

Legend
frankthedm said:
That is a mistake people make in modern times and a mistake some players make in RPGs. In a fantasy world an oath that involves one's soul should be take literally.

And would be taken seriously. And would be taken alot more seriously than it is now not that long ago.

For that matter, I wouldn't make any oaths on my soul unless I meant it.

frankthedm

First Post
The stacked decks have changed dealers. I'm having trouble picturing Xykon getting out of that throne room with his body intact unless he teleports away in the surpise round.

darious777

First Post
Gez said:

I'm hanging my hat on the "...the reason we stationed only Paladins of the ...." et al speech.

And there's a line of paladins whose heads you can't see. :)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Cheiromancer said:
I don't own the Book of Exalted Deeds. Could someone tell me what these martyr ghosts could actually do to Xykon?

There's not really anything like this in Exalted Deeds. I think they are something Rich has created himself.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Storyteller01 said:
So... what happened to the emperor when our now fallen paladin killed him?

I may be mistaken but I'm not sure he was necessarily a paladin. I'm thinking he was an aristocrat-type, and from his demeanor don't know if he took the same vows. I don't think being part of the Sapphire Guard is necessary to rule, but I think the two do often go hand-in-hand...

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Henry said:
I may be mistaken but I'm not sure he was necessarily a paladin. I'm thinking he was an aristocrat-type, and from his demeanor don't know if he took the same vows. I don't think being part of the Sapphire Guard is necessary to rule, but I think the two do often go hand-in-hand...
Paladin, he isn't even lawful! ;)

Remove ads