• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS 449

Gez

First Post
darious777 said:
I'm hanging my hat on the "...the reason we stationed only Paladins of the ...." et al speech.

And there's a line of paladins whose heads you can't see. :)

To me, that's the "must be paladin" requirement, not the "must die in the throne room" requirement.

Jolly Giant

First Post
Gulla said:
I thought all undead were immune to mind affecting spells?

Edit: too slow even when I don't need to look it up :(

Håkon
from memory

Rich is on a roll, twistin' the plot like Chubby Checker! :cool:

...and I just gotta say this: Hallo, HÅkon! :D I'vee been lurking on these boards since 3.0 was still hot news, and this is first time I've ever noticed another Norwegian.

Nail

First Post
Very cool strip -- and an excellent follow-up on #448. I must admit I was surprised. Good job, man.

hong said:
Apropos of nothing, I keep reading Brent Nall as Bent Nail. Sorry, Nail!
No prob.

Blackrat said:
There's not really anything like this in Exalted Deeds. I think they are something Rich has created himself.
Well, while he has created it himself, it seems very similar to the Deathless creature type from the Book of Exalted Deeds.

For Cheiromancers benefit, deathless are essentially "good undead", while Undead are abominations that try to live beyond their appropriate time, Deathless are deceased that come back temporarily because they are needed for a greater good for a short time. It's not a path to immortality, it's simply staying around (or returning to the world of the living) for a brief time because somebody needs you there for some important Good task.

Rufus from the movie Dogma would be a good example of a Deathless from outside D&D for example.

Gulla

Adventurer
Jolly Giant said:
...and I just gotta say this: Hallo, HÅkon! :D I'vee been lurking on these boards since 3.0 was still hot news, and this is first time I've ever noticed another Norwegian.
*wave*
We've been here about the same then. There are at least a couple more around, but far too few to have a Norwegian EN-World get-togehter.

Ellers kunne man kanskje forsøkt på Arcon, men det er temmelig ute av allfarvei for oss som er i Trondheim.

Håkon

Jolly Giant

First Post
Gulla said:
*wave*
We've been here about the same then. There are at least a couple more around, but far too few to have a Norwegian EN-World get-togehter.

Ellers kunne man kanskje forsøkt på Arcon, men det er temmelig ute av allfarvei for oss som er i Trondheim.

Håkon

Vel, det er et stykke unna for meg her i Haugesund også, gitt. :\

Remove ads