Oots 606

jeffh

Adventurer
This was a fun one with a very Belkar-y twisted Aesop at the end, but I hope the extreme weirdness doesn't become the norm. I enjoyed this strip in and of itself but a steady diet of this sort of thing killed OotS' spiritual predecessor, Fuzzy Knights, at least for me.

Yair

Community Supporter
Hmm. Could we perhaps stop with the moral philosophy debate and get on with the... humour? Can't see it much here, at all. :uhoh:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I like the Game of Life car. Haven't played that since I was a kid. :) Halfling-Shojo was pretty good too.

I wonder if this means that Belkar is going to get his curse removed soon, so he can "play along." Or if Rich will play against expectations and get Belkar killed immediately by the thieve's guild. :eek:

Nyeshet

First Post
Personally, I'm still betting that the cleric "removes curse" just as/before the door breaks down or is knocked open.

On the other hand, we know from the oracle that Belkar has less than a year to live. However, as 1) we do not know what part of the year the comic is currently in (spring, summer, etc), and 2) we do not know when the new year begins (winter solstice, summer solstice, and spring equinox are all contenders from history), we do not know how soon Belkar will die. It could be he has almost a whole year before taking the express to the afterlife. Or it could end in just a few (in-comic) weeks.

However, I fully expect him to recover fully before then. Also, note that the oracle did not mention whether or not Belkar would be raised. It could be amusing if Belkar dies just before Roy is resurrected - and then a mistake is made and Belkar is returned due to a clerical error.

Remove ads