• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OoTS 640

Buck Godot

First Post
Vaarsuvius is now Neutral Evil?

MYTH CONFIRMED! :eek: :eek: (at least in my eyes :p)

As one of the proponents that V was now acting NE (and had been sliding for quite sometime), I still thought that the Soul Splice might be having something to do with V's actions. To say that this latest comic threw a wrench in that line of thinking....

Yeah, while others may quibble (say thinking V is LE or CE - or a more creative interpetations of one of the Neutral alignments), I'm now stamping the character sheet NE until events prove me wrong.

BTW.... Did I say, ":eek:"?

I did?

Just checking.

Last edited:

Buck Godot

First Post
Neutral? Dude V is totally chaotic!

I knew that I was courting disaster with my opening comment, so i'll try to keep my reasoning brief (and non-repetative ;)).

Neutral Evil has often been described as Selfish Evil or Evil for Personal Reasons. It's not Evil for a Cause nor is it Evil for Destruction's sake. V is not acting in a Destructive Evil (killing for enjoyment/killings sake or engaging in causal slaughter) nor is he really engaging in Methodological Evil (impose order on the world, destroy one's enemies as efficiently as possible, whathave you).

I suppose there are glimpses of CE and LE in V's actions (as might be suitable when it comes to NE), but from killing Kubota (what is a "Kubota"?) to selling his soul in the first place (it was his idea, nay demand, to Qarr that got this whole ball of wax rolling) to taking such a.... personal... revenge on the dragon, V's actions have screamed Neutral Evil to me and were getting louder and louder.

Anyway, as I said, I thought that the Soul Splice might have been pouring fuel on the fire as it were. Turns out that it was just removing what little inhibitions V had left.

Damned shame. No pun intended. :devil:

Last edited:

Hussar

Legend
Perhaps one of the best pieces of evidence for why the "neutral" alignments got chucked out of 4e. Does it really matter whether he's NE or CE? Isn't the E a much more important element?

Nymrohd

First Post
I was making a joke you know:) Now let's fork this in a huge thread discussing if V is CE, NE or LE with a poll and at least three veiled trolling attempts that result in multi-page derailment!

Buck Godot

First Post
Does it really matter whether he's NE or CE?

No, not really. :)

Isn't the E a much more important element?

Oh, ever so much so. :)

But it is a slightly amusing way to pass the time. As long as everyone remembers not to let it take over the thread. ;)

========

And following my own advice :)angel:), I must say that I got an extreme chuckle out the bug-eyed looks of the IFCC as the realization of what V did sunk in. And of course the shout-out to March Madness (including in the title) was very appopos.

Yeah, V really needs a metaphorical slap upside the head (in an attempt to get him to start thinking clearly) right about now. Hopefully his husband* (or kids) is just the elf for the job.

* Personal observations/suppositions only. No need to comment on them. :p

I was making a joke you know:)

Whoops. Sorry 'bout that. :eek:
Now let's fork this in a huge thread discussing if V is CE, NE or LE with a poll and at least three veiled trolling attempts that result in multi-page derailment!

Maybe not, and say we didn't? It's all good with me, if it's all good with you (no pun intended). :D

Last edited:

Nymrohd

First Post
Btw now we know the spell was essentially genocidal since it wiped a full quarter of the Black Dragon population. I love the cheerleading squad! All epic villains should have one.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Neutral? Dude V is totally chaotic!

I don't think we really have enough data points to be sure. Though the few nasty things V has done do suggest appeals to raw power rather than being tempered by any sort of respect for organization or discipline.

Remove ads