OotS #657 is up

A Passing Maniac

First Post
And I have no clue what badly injured O'Chul is supposed to do now that barely injured O'Chul couldn't last strip, but I guess literary/dramatic laws demand that it be something.

Well, V is clearly carrying a third item over to O-Chul aside from the two potions; you can see it mostly obscured behind Xykon's cloak in panel #10, and V doesn't have it later. Could just be another healing item, or it could be something--I have no idea what, though--that would help O-Chul. When he appears behind Xykon, he has his arm raised, and his hand is conveniently out-of-panel; he might be holding the whatever-it-is. (A +5 undead bane bludgeoning weapon, perhaps... :p)

fba827

Adventurer
that is intense.... V even had fear in his/her stick figure eyes!

Hmm... don't the lower-plane creatures need to save V since they own V's body for a term? :)

But, in any case ...

The scarey X is about to get a taste of the Big O from behind. (get your minds out of the gutter, you know what I mean! ;) )

Kinneus

Explorer
Well, V is clearly carrying a third item over to O-Chul aside from the two potions; you can see it mostly obscured behind Xykon's cloak in panel #10, and V doesn't have it later. Could just be another healing item, or it could be something--I have no idea what, though--that would help O-Chul. When he appears behind Xykon, he has his arm raised, and his hand is conveniently out-of-panel; he might be holding the whatever-it-is. (A +5 undead bane bludgeoning weapon, perhaps... :p)
Oh, good call. You can see V is carrying something whitish, but our line of sight is blocked by Xykon. And in the final panel one of O-Chul's hands is out of view... almost like he's winding up a big swing with a nasty weapon. Not sure what it could be, though. Maybe the hobgoblin cleric's weapon? Maybe something V brought along, or whipped up while he was still on magical steroids?

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Meanwhile, Xykon's still the same gloating bastard, and everyone's still dogpiling on V thus far... I don't even liek V much, but the double standard since this started is appaling.

I'm not following you here.

A relationship to a fictional character is, IMO, not based on logic, but emotions. I think people are critical of V because they hope she will do good, and do the right thing for a hero. So far, she's not really done that.

Xykon? He's doing what he's supposed to do, being a big bad villain. No one is hoping for him to be a hero. He's filling his role, just like V is filling her.

No double standards there.

/M

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Meanwhile, Xykon's still the same gloating bastard, and everyone's still dogpiling on V thus far... I don't even liek V much, but the double standard since this started is appaling.

I've noticed this too, and come to the conclusion that people just hate the 3.x wizard stereotype, and are projecting that hate onto V.

Remove ads