• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #658 is up!

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
O-Chull is such a badass that he doesn't need a Charisma Bonus all he needs is his fist.

O-Chul =
chuck_norris_01.jpg
?

Derren

Hero
Hm.
Wouldn't throwing the phylactery into the rift do Xykon a favour?
After all, he tried to go through the rift, or rather the gate, before but couldn't because everyone was killed when going through it.

With his (heavily protected) phylactery on the other side Xykon would have a way to get through the gate.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
there really is no other side to the gate. Its just the snarl, the (sentient?) loose end of reality that is trying to unravel everything.

although much of its backstory is in the Start of Darkness paperback.

drothgery

First Post
One of my pet theories for a while has been that O-Chul is going to summon his pokemount to get out of a jam at some point. I mean, I'm pretty sure we didn't see his mount die, and even if we had, he's been imprisoned for more than 30 days and so is quite capable of summoning a new one (and actually has enough paladin levels to get a flying mount that could probably carry O-Chul and V).

Slife

First Post
O-Chul admitted that Charisma is his dump stat, as a result of having started out as a fighter.

On the other hand, O-Chul is so awesome, maybe a +5 IS his dump stat...

Or he could have taken Serenity, and be basing it off wisdom...

I suppose it's possible one of those potions was healing and one was some sort of fire resistance...

Is anybody else wondering what the heck Xykon is doing during the last couple of panels where we don't see him? I find it hard to believe V and O could outrun a flying, epic spellcasting lich.

Ambrus

Explorer
Is anybody else wondering what the heck Xykon is doing during the last couple of panels where we don't see him? I find it hard to believe V and O could outrun a flying, epic spellcasting lich.
They're operating in combat rounds. Xykon just completed his turn during which he cast meteor swarm and began to give chase. The last few panels are O-Chul and Varsuvius's turns. They've each taken a move action to reach the opening and are currently using free actions to speak (at length) about the situation. They still have standard actions left and then it's the familiar's turn; all before Xykon is free to act again... ;)

...unless he's got an immediate action spell prepared. :uhoh:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads