Oots 694

Nifft

Penguin Herder
What a jerk.

Also, I'm totally stealing that if there's ever an Illusoanarchist in any of my future games.

Cheers, -- N

Huw

First Post
He's double bluffing. I reckon the gate is there, and someone's going to say (accidentally or not) some words related to someone else who Girard trusts a bit more than Soon.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
I just went back and read old OotSs. Some around 200 and around 300 would lead me to believe that Redcloak/Xykon have the right location and will get there before Roy and the gang.

Intrope

First Post
I just went back and read old OotSs. Some around 200 and around 300 would lead me to believe that Redcloak/Xykon have the right location and will get there before Roy and the gang.

Quite likely, since Xykon's working from the halfling's journal rather than Soon's info. I wonder if this is part of the reason the oracle was trying not to answer Roy's question about the next gate?

Of course, Girard may well have disliked the halfling too. Or he may be lying about that, too--he may have given all his companions bogus info for bogus reasons, just to be sure his gate is unfindable.

Admittedly, in this circumstance I'd be tempted to put my nyah-nyah illusion somewhere close to the real gate, but well-hidden (ideally, by straight burial. Much safer than illusions!).

Remove ads