• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS 798

Karma_

First Post
#572 Seems to indicate Belkar is quite doomed. TBH it will probably be the one of the OOTS comic's coffin nails since Belkar has plenty of fans. Rich even swung a backhand at them in panel #5 of 788.

It will come down to what the fans want vs. the Artiste's vision.

"Belkar will draw his last breath - ever -"

To me, this sounds more like he's going to become undead or something like that. If he was going to die, the panel would've probably been more clear in meaning.

SnowleopardVK

First Post
To me, this sounds more like he's going to become undead or something like that. If he was going to die, the panel would've probably been more clear in meaning.

I'm pretty sure the DMG encourages fortune telling and other such future predictions to be vague and indirect. The Oracle's just doing his job the way it's supposed to be done.

(Also since when has foreshadowing ever been clear in meaning?)

Karma_

First Post
I'm pretty sure the DMG encourages fortune telling and other such future predictions to be vague and indirect. The Oracle's just doing his job the way it's supposed to be done.

(Also since when has foreshadowing ever been clear in meaning?)

Yeah, but this is a comic, not an actual D&D scenario. People seem to forget that quite often.

SnowleopardVK

First Post
Yeah, but this is a comic, not an actual D&D scenario. People seem to forget that quite often.

Yes, but that doesn't mean rules (or suggestions of how to DM) are outright ignored. They're sometimes bypassed in favour of comedy yes, but such cases are usually lampshaded. They've admitted that the story doesn't represent a campaign, but that have pointed out that it (for the most part) operates within the rules and literary conventions of 3.5e.

Remove ads