• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #816 is up! General Knowledge

Kaodi

Hero
Falkus said:
Doubtful. Haley's twenty-five; while the missing daughter was born less than fifteen years ago.

See though, that is the beauty of it. The big reveal does not have to be that Ian's real name is Orrin. Rather, that Starshine's real name is Draketooth.

Consider what we know:

1) The Guy With The Dragon Tattoo* has hair the same colour as Haley, and as Ian when he was younger.

2) Orrin steals the baby and the loot. Loot stealing is a favourite Starshine past-time.

3) Orrin is a street illusionist. Ian is a 1st Edition Thief. What other distinct class was in 1st Edition? The Illusionist.

4) Haley says, " Girard . . . is ultra-paranoid - just like my dad. So if it was my dad guarding the Gate, who would be the only people he would trust? " and Elan says " ...His family! " If this is not supposed to be some kind of ironic setup, I do not know what is...

* Any resemblence to " The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo " is strictly coinciden... tal... Holy **** .

5) In the Lisbeth Salander movies (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, et al), the entire plot ultimately revolves around Lisbeth's father and her half-brother. And in the books, I believe she has a twin sister. Lisbeth is also a hacker, which can be very rogue-ish.

Everything, EVERYTHING is in place for Ian Starshine, and thus Haley as well, to in fact be the a member of the Draketooth family. It is literally ALL there.

While the age thing doesn't work out well, since Haley is supposed to be more than 15 I think, it would explain why Haley never knew her mother.

Remove ads