opengamingfoundation.org

Ranger REG

Explorer
MeepoTheMighty said:

Who runs that page?
Mr. Ryan Dancey, former Vice President of Wizards and Brand Manager, former Project Manager of e-Tools, former contractor for processing Wizards' product material into OGC and added to the SRD (replaced by an intern because he's more affordable).

Give him time. He'll update his web site as soon as he can.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Actually, I don't think Ryan is associated with opengamingfoundation.org any more. Of course, I could be wrong.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Well, it was Ryan Dancey alone that established the not-for-profit organization. I have not yet heard if he has a staff that will take over, nor any announcement that he is shutting down the organization. If he is leaving the organization, then he would announced who is taking over the site or shutting down if he has no one to replace him.

Again, give him time. That is his own web site, which also archive the OGF's mailing list discussions.

XCorvis

First Post
Actually, the last update was when WOTC's site was really hosed. He added local copies of all the documents so that they would be accessable if wizards.com was down.

Give him some time, he's a busy guy.

RyanD

Adventurer
MeepoTheMighty said:
What is the deal with www.opengamingfoundation.org ? Why hasn't the SRD hosted there been updated since April 12? Who runs that page? I really don't want to have to turn to the WotC web page for my SRD needs :(

The OGF web site is pretty much my last priority item, because the content it serves is not very critical to anyone's daily needs. With WotC hosting the "official" versions of the various SRD sections, the OGF site is redundant.

For now, because there are so many other projects I've got to work on, the OGF sits quietly on a back burner. The mailing lists are quite active though, and are a great source in information and insight into the Open Gaming community.

Ryan

Remove ads