Operation: Jungle Drums (d20 Future, recruiting)

Bobitron

Explorer
Operation: Jungle Drums

Hello all! This is a recruitment thread for a new adventure I will be running at GroovyGamers. It's a Heavy Gear adventure using the d20 Modern, d20 Future, and Grim Tales rules. The Dream Pod 9 website has a pretty good setting synopsis which I will reproduce here.

Dream Pod 9 website said:
Basic Premise: human colonies caught in interstellar war; "Tom Clancy's Mecha"
Genre: politico-military science fiction, mecha/giant robots
Primary Locales: habitable planets, ground warfare
Realism Level: High
Default Character Role: military, though many others are possible

Back Story: The year is 6132. More than three hundred years ago, a political crisis on Earth caused it to abandon its colonies and retreat into isolation. Since that fateful day, the former colonists have adapted to their new home planets and evolved into distinct societies. As our story opens, the former colony of Terra Nova is recovering from the War of the Alliance, wherein they successfully repelled a surprise invasion attempt by a newly imperialist Earth government. Victory was short-lived, however: the power brokers of Terra Nova are restless once again. No one seems to know or care what is happening to the rest of the human colony worlds -- an oversight that might have devastating consequences in the future...

In this adventure, the players would play operatives in the SIU (Special Intervention Unit). It is a special operations unit within the Southern MILICIA that draws on members of all the Allied Southern Territories.

The SIU
The Special Intervention Unit of the Allied Southern Territories was created ten years ago by Commandant Aristide Lazarus of the Southern Republic Army. It is a branch of the MILICIA's Intelligence arm that deals primarily with terrorist attacks, sensitive information gathering, surgical strikes against enemy installations and undercover police work along the Territories' northern borders. It employs over 600 people, among them some of MILICIA's best Gear pilots. SIU field agents have special judicial immunity, including a limited 'license to kill'. Of course, this immunity is to be used with great discretion, a quality that should permeate every part of an SIU agent's life.

I will provide pregenerated characters, which you can peruse at the game recruitment thread along with other information. Thanks for taking the time to look into my game!

GlassJaw

Hero
Bob, I'm definitely interested in playing in one of your games but I'm just curious - why don't you run your games on EN World?

Bobitron

Explorer
GlassJaw said:
Bob, I'm definitely interested in playing in one of your games but I'm just curious - why don't you run your games on EN World?

I run a couple here and a couple at GroovyGamers. Groovy has a smaller population, which makes it a bit tougher to recruit. I like the layout more there. I joined over there because there were some games I was interested in involving some players I like. It's a great site, check it out. I'm running this one there to help build the site and generate some traffic in the d20 Modern and Future genre.

I'd love to have you, GlassJaw. :D

Bobitron

Explorer
Prof Yeti said:
Sounds great as I love sci-fi. I have d20 Modern and Future, but none of the Heavy Gear or Grim Tales lines. Is that a killer?

Not at all, Prof. I'm trying to run this in a way that introduces players to the Heavy Gear universe, and anything (if I do use anything) I take from Grim Tales will be behind the scenes; mostly character creation stuff.

Prof Yeti

First Post
Groovy! Well then consider me officially signed up as interested and willing to party. (Or do you want the sign-up on the GG site? :) )

Remove ads