Opportunity Attacks - no limit ?

Istar

First Post
Is there no limit to how many OA's you can take ?

Say you have Threatening Reach 5 for a couple of rounds.

There are 10 enemies around you, and 10 rushing into the room to attack the party.

Anything that moves you get an OA through Threatening Reach as they enter the Range 5, and are not shifting to move.

You could therefore get 20 OA's in a round ?

I know there is a within reason limitation to Free actions.

Anything limits how many OAs you can do.

DracoSuave

First Post
The limit is more practical than rule based. Yes, you can have an opportunity attack on each of those enemy's turns.

Yes, threatening reach in the hands of players is -very good.- This is entirely intentional, which is why there's no way to get it permanently.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
You may make an OA only once per turn (but unlimited times per round). You also can't make OAs when dazed/stunned/dominated.

It is very difficult to get threatening reach at all (let alone within 5 spaces) so the scenario you mentioned would be extremely rare. If a player really invested in a bunch of feats, items, powers, and a paragon path to get a round or two like that per day, I'd happily let them enjoy the moment.:)

abyssaldeath

First Post
There are only two ways, that I know of, to get threatening reach as a player. You either player a Goliath and take the Goliath PP(one per encounter for one turn) or you play a Warden and take the Bloodwrath Guardian PP(Once per day for an encounter).

Istar

First Post
Isnt there a PP or ED that gives it to you for the whole encounter.
But rest of path is pretty crappy.

I think Stoneblesses Warden Goliath can get it for 5 rounds I can see.
L12 Encounter power till end of next turn, then a utility that brings back an encounter power, then an item that gives you TR till start of next turn.

Any magic item daily powers that give back an encounter power of L12 level.

moxcamel

Explorer
You may make an OA only once per turn (but unlimited times per round). You also can't make OAs when dazed/stunned/dominated
To clarify, you can only make one OA during another enemy's turn. If two different enemies give you OA conditions, you can make one OA on each enemy's turn. So the OP's scenario, while very unlikely, is possible.

Istar

First Post
You may make an OA only once per turn (but unlimited times per round). You also can't make OAs when dazed/stunned/dominated.

It is very difficult to get threatening reach at all (let alone within 5 spaces) so the scenario you mentioned would be extremely rare. If a player really invested in a bunch of feats, items, powers, and a paragon path to get a round or two like that per day, I'd happily let them enjoy the moment.:)

Well quite easy if you are a Stoneblessed Warden.
But its more than a round or two.
As its till end of next turn, so its 2 rounds, then the utility lets you do it again, so up to 4, then one magic item gives it to you for 1 round.
If you use a daily power to get encounter power back, and its only a L12 one.
Then possibly get it up to 7 turns.

Then Reach with a Polearm 1, PP gives you an extra 1, Form gives you 1, then an item can give you another 1.

But even Reach is burst 4 area of OA's.
and it you shift back at the end of each round.

You could generate about 35 OA;s over 7 rounds !!!!!!!!!

Istar

First Post
What feats or items or powers can add to the useful ness of OA's.
As with Polearm Gamble and this TR and the mark this build will get a lot of at-wills and I want to max this out.

There is already the Sudden Roots feat which will slow all the enemy.
And I can see this warden moving well into the room and enemy move to attack, and get Threatening Reach OA's on them and slowed.
So effectively, unless using ranged, the party has a whole free first round of not being attacked, and being able to move into the room.

There is a Helm item that gives you plusages TH on OA's, what else is there that helps with OA's ??

Istar

First Post
Polearm Master PP's lv 12 utility is a daily stance that gives you threatening reach.

Mmmm.... no way to get this is there, besides taking the PP.
But Stoneblesses is so good, nothing wasted, the +1 Reach being very good.

Still, will have to look this up now...

Remove ads