optimization with flavor

Eman Resu

First Post
I am playing a different type of pc right now, different in almost every way, as a departure from what has become my norm. I just want to see my "envisioned pc concept" thru fruition. Below I will show my level by level build and feats. I am still fine tuning pc even though I have already played. Apparently my copied and pasted version of the Nightmare Spinner variant "charm" version ain't legit. So back to the drawing board I have to rewrite entire pc#Sadface

Campaign is dominate city based, with few "hunting" expeditions, gestalt, 10th level.

-what would the LA+1 cost be if buy off? I was considering tiefling vs human? whats your take?
-does assassin levels count with daring outlaw, that is I realize the feat says rogue but how would your group decide? would assn qualify for daring outlaw feat?
-prestige class advice? prest bard?
-feat advice? skills advice?

..........................................EDIT....................................

I DIDN'T NOTICE BUT THE ENTIRE SECTION & PARAGRAPH I WROTE I DELETED ........yes this might of helped
HERE IS A BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE PARAGRAPH I DELETED..........AAAARRRGGHHH!

Human
beguiler 9 (10)
mindbender 1 /
Swashbuckler 3
rogue 4
prest bard 1
Assassin 2

Str 10
I 18 - levels +2 / +4 headband = 24
w 10
d 18 - gloves +4 = 22
c 14
ch 18 - cloak +2 = 20

I have room for more feats, amount depends (2 or 3), I am considering 2 of the below + keen intellect

surprising riposte
daring outlaw
craven
keen intellect
spell focus -enchantment (there really isn't to many feats for a Beguiler/enchantress this is all I could really come up with)

I have many, almost all the skill tricks, theres about 8 or 9 of them that I picked. Some/most are better than half the feats out there!!!!

Last edited:

Eman Resu

First Post
DEATH STRIKE says that if I get a successful SA against somebody and I studied them for 3 rounds that I can force the save or die, if they save I then apply SA damage, fail n they are dead. Question, is this also possible via feint? I ask because DA requires the victim no be unaware of the attack.

Last edited:

Empirate

First Post
It might have helped to tell us your class(es), race, role, goal etc. ;)

Concerning your death attack question (I'm assuming you're playing some kind of Rogue/Assassin build?): you just have to make a successful sneak attack after studying the target for three rounds. That means you can disguise yourself as a hot blonde, dine with your 'client', and when he moves in close to kiss you, you stab him in the eyeball using your salad fork. Should not even need feinting, since it's a surprise round. If you bungle your bluffing, you still only need to win initiative for stuff to get real. Or have some way of activating Blink or Invisibility without eating up your standard action. Or, yes, feint against the target, that works too.

For a sneak attacker, I'd always consider Staggering Strike a necessity. From the mid levels up, it's what keeps you alive in melee. What's the Spell Focus for, btw?

Eman Resu

First Post
thanks for bringing that to my attention...updated see above, under the .....edit.....

surprising riposte coupled with a swift feint = chewy chocolate goodness!

keen intellect is just a must have IMO, skills and will save w/ my 24 int = gotta have

Only a 2nd level Assassin BUT my DA save is respectable 10 +2 ass lvl, +2 Bracers of Mrdr, +1 ass dgr +7 = 22 or 24 w/ ability focus feat, which I dont have, put it on my wish list.

deft strike: another feat I would enjoy, its officially on the wish list! Coupled w/ above & quick reconnoiter feat = win...in perspective of course whats "win" for a rogue/swashbuckler is not "win" for tier 1s or tier 2s...relatively spk for a tier 3 or lower this is a nice combo of feats.

btw our group & DM ruled years ago the 2 feats work together - claiming that rogues need all the help they can get & with all the broken feats n feat combos out there, this one wouldn't make it in the top 25.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases