D&D 3E/3.5 Optimizing Archivist <3.5>

LuckyBoneDice

First Post
I have an Epic Territory game where I'm currently running a Seelie Court Killoren Druid/Master of Many Forms, but with it entering Epic, I am allowed to make a new character (we're switching DMs for Epic Level) and I wanted to test run Archivist. Here's my idea:

Half-Elf
Archivist 5/Sovereign Speaker 3/Paragonistic Apostle 2/Contemplative 2/Seeker of the Misty Isles 4/Dwemerkeeper 4

and I'm planning on taking Paragon Classes in both Half-Elf and Human (not Elf)

Feats other than Prereqs: Hollow (Champions of Darkness), Otherworldly, Legendary, Educated Upbringing

any thoughts on how to "upgrade" this build?

Last edited:

FoxWander

Adventurer
现在美国的经济情况很糟。

What I think he's referring to (besides the funny :p) is how the Archivist is entirely dependent on the DM "providing" prayer scrolls (which otherwise don't exist) for you to use.

That said, another crazy Archivist build is Archivist 5 / Divine Oracle 2 / Sacred Exorcist 2 / Prestige Paladin 3 / Divine Oracle 8, taking the feats: Sword of the Arcane Order and Battle Blessing. Sacred Exorcist gets you turn undead, which allows you to qualify for Prestige Paladin (Unearthed Arcana), which progresses your Archivist casting (these become your Paladin spells). Sword of the Arcane Order (Champions of Valor) allows you to memorize wizard spells in your paladin spell slots (meaning all of your archivist slots) and Battle Blessing (Complete Champion) quickens all of your paladin spells. So know you have a character that can memorize and cast ANY spell in the book and cast most of them as a swift action. Have fun!

Last edited:

Remove ads